6.2 swap thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ls1frc
I was under the impression the corsa touring was quiet, is it not? did you get any drone?

With headers, the Corsa Touring still got pretty damn loud and very raspy from the headers. It drones a small amount at around 2k rpms, especially climbing a hill. With vibrant resonator in front, it was pretty damn mellow. Thing is, I just don't like that smooth, deep sound in an exhaust. The stock, chambered exhaust has a perfect throaty/choppy sound with the headers. This is the chambered vs straight through sound I think.

I had two of those on my Silverado SS and did not like the drone or the sound. They donot not sound like the oval magnaflow mufflers.

Ok good to know, thanks. I am going to figure out how to get myself a stock 3.5" exhaust. If I have to find a short body version and extend it, I will do so.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went ahead and ordered Johnson 2110 lifters with new trays. I do have the "decent" morel replacement LS7 lifters in there, but I figured it's cheap insurance to step up the quality of lifter. I had good luck with the Johnson 2116 linkbar in my G8, were very quiet.

I also went ahead and sent heads to machine shop to mill .020" off. I didn't like the way the surface looked after cleaning, and figured that's also cheap insurance to ensure a good seal. Man milling got expensive though, called around and every place wants around $250 to mill and clean. Back in 2016 when I did that, it only cost me around $125.

Also got the melling replacement high volume pump. Really just making sure everything possible is new and high quality. I got burned before on my GTO skimping on shit.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got sidetracked, just started working on things again.

I don't like the way my heads look, so I sent an email to advanced inductions to have them check it out. Other than that, I ordered a cam degree kit so I can ensure the VVT advance in the parked position is correct. There is a lot of misleading information on the internet and I want to make sure it installs dot to dot at +7 and not like +14 or something insane. Only way to know for sure is to degree the cam.

Been spending the last 2 days cleaning up the engine block getting all the carbon off. It's a lot of work lol.

Attached a picture of the heads. There are white specs all over it after milling/cleaning.

20201112_081506.jpg

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One side done...

Some of the carbon is very stubborn in the valve reliefs, so I just left it as is. It'll build back up again anyway. Wish the E85 station near my house didn't shut down.

20201112_105252.jpg

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got sidetracked, just started working on things again.

I don't like the way my heads look, so I sent an email to advanced inductions to have them check it out. Other than that, I ordered a cam degree kit so I can ensure the VVT advance in the parked position is correct. There is a lot of misleading information on the internet and I want to make sure it installs dot to dot at +7 and not like +14 or something insane. Only way to know for sure is to degree the cam.

Been spending the last 2 days cleaning up the engine block getting all the carbon off. It's a lot of work lol.

Attached a picture of the heads. There are white specs all over it after milling/cleaning.

View attachment 262278

Look closely at that valve seat, from what I see in the picture there is a crack. I just lost my L9H due to a valve seat breaking off and destroyed the piston..

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look closely at that valve seat, from what I see in the picture there is a crack. I just lost my L9H due to a valve seat breaking off and destroyed the piston..

Not seeing it? Can you MS paint the picture and mark where?

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about the two feint vertical lines, I looked as close as I could see clearly and they looked like just light scratch marks to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins