'52 Suburban swamp to sweet!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
More meat on that pinion will help with that gear and engine combo. Hard to beat the old TH400 trans.

When I lived in KC, Mo. I had a few Harley buddies that were waiting on me at our favorite bar that one of them owned, "Outlaw Inn". We did not have wet t-shirt nights but did have table dance competitions. Ahhhh, good times!

Anyway, they were waiting on me and I got to within about a mile of the bar and was at a stop light. All of a sudden I hear tires squeal and get slammed in the back of the bike. I was first in line at the stop so my bike went forward and then fell over. The whole rear caved in. I was hit so hard that the goggles I was wearing, bar in Kansas and at that time no helmet law, flew backwards off my head and actually landed on the ground behind the lady's car. Her excuse was she dropped her cig and was searching the floor when she hit me. I was knocked off the bike of course and hit ******* the asphalt. Head was fine, 3 ribs broke and my right collar bone and a couple scrapes. They wanted to load me in the ambulance and take off and I said that I was not leaving till my buddies came and got my bike. I had already called them thru the emergency vehicles there. About 20 minutes later the funniest thing I ever saw from the sidelines like that was the same body style Suburban in this thread, not sure of the year, came rolling down from the way I was headed and they saw the bike and did a wide sweep to the right and then a hard turn left to complete a U-turn and then back up to the bike on the ground. I swear, just like Keystone Cops, the back doors swung open and while the engine was still running and the driver in the seat, 5 guys popped out the back doors, loaded the bike and tied it down and checked to see if I was ok and away they went to unload at the driver's home. Two of the cops came up to me and were laughing and said they had never ever seen anything like that before.

Then I was off to the hospital in the ambulance. Got there and I had an OH SHIT! moment as I remembered that I was supposed to be out that night with my girlfriend. I made up an excuse to her to get out of it so I could meet my buds. She then decided to take her shift that she had swapped to someone else as a nurse at, you guessed it, the same hospital. She always worked the emergency room. I was brought in and she took care of me and I got the EVIL EYE for about an hour because I could not even lie to her again because the cops ratted me out. I was fixed up and on drugs and she gave me her keys and said to drive to her home and wait for her to get home. I said, YES DEAR, RIGHT AWAY DEAR, ANYTHING YOU SAY DEAR! She was not mad when she got home and nursed me back to health. We talked about the totaled bike and she said that she would go with me to pick out the new insurance bike and then the hammer came down. She said in no uncertain terms that the new bike would have a padded ***** bar, no matter what I thought about the way they made the bike look. See above capitalized statement.

I saw this truck in this thread and man the memories came flooding back. Denise, the only blond girlfriend I ever had. My favorite t-shirt she wore said, "Let Go Of My Ears, I Know What I Am Doing". Yes, she sure did.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Pretty awesome work there. I'd love to know the back story on the truck? Know anything about it? How the hell did it wind up in the swamp? Luckily it didn't collapse onto itself while you were pulling it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne