'52 Suburban swamp to sweet!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s way more than anything I’ve ever seen restored. In that kind of condition, I would haven’t tried, that’s for sure but I am glad to see an old fart decided he could do it. Amazing.

OP
OP
bigdog9191999

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty awesome work there. I'd love to know the back story on the truck? Know anything about it? How the hell did it wind up in the swamp? Luckily it didn't collapse onto itself while you were pulling it out.

there wasnt much of a back story. he saw it sitting there and asked the land owner about it (saw it in the winter while the foliage was low, he only lives a few miles from where we pulled it out of. seems like it was a grandpas and it got parked there in like the 70's or something. it had been there for a long time for sure.

That’s way more than anything I’ve ever seen restored. In that kind of condition, I would haven’t tried, that’s for sure but I am glad to see an old fart decided he could do it. Amazing.

i have to say yes and no. as i have also been around race car stuff basically it was racecar style skinned a new chassis and is just making it look good inside and out (finished)

but there is no denying that it was a massive undertaking with out a doubt. but he has done some other things also during this time, but it was july ish in 2016 that we pulled it out of the trees.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t help it but to read the name of this thread as a 52 foot Suburban though. I thought at first glance this was gonna be a stretched limo thread. Drives me crazy when people put the apostrophe at the wrong end of the numbers. :lol2:

OP
OP
bigdog9191999

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t help it but to read the name of this thread as a 52 foot Suburban though. I thought at first glance this was gonna be a stretched limo thread. Drives me crazy when people put the apostrophe at the wrong end of the numbers. :lol2:

didnt even think about it when i made it up, as i was wrapped up in digging through my phone grabbing pics for content. but does that help your ocd a little ( or cdo depending on how bad it is? lol )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645