4 Piston Big Brake Upgrade from 2019-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 Tahoe PPV

I so love those police specials. If I wasn't so rigid about having bose I would've bought one.

They have those vinyl floors which are so cool....Virtually waterproof.
I race watercraft and everytime I dunk the boats or take em out
my "waterproof" shoes are soaking wet and about a 1/2" of water accumulates in the husky liners
But when I go to dump it out it always spills on the carpet....which takes forever to dry.
So for me vinyl floors are cool. You can't even buy them. They have molded carpet replacement by no Vinyl available. I have looked.

And some PPVs you can find with the cage still installed. That would be good for my girlfriend. I could just lock her back there
when she goes crazy. She's bipolar and can get crazy sometimes. She's only 5'2" 95lbs but you'd swear you were being attacked
by a 280lb NFL linebacker. I showed her a PPV online with the cage and told her I could lock her up back there and she said....like with handcuffs?....OK.
She's crazy.....

But TMI on my personal life....I like PPVs, I wish they had BOSE.

Happy Easter!

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bro,
You are so in the wrong section.....this section is the Vintage Tahoe section, 00-06. I'm notifying the moderators....LOL.
You just want to be the big fish in the little pond.....LOL...Especially with the police wagon.

I'm busted.......guess I'll go sit in the corner now LOL.

I only hopped in because I know this will also work on the NNBS too.

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG
My caliper order shipped! I have tracking number.
I was so concerned that with the national backorder thing they we going ship me the rotors and rest and nix my calipers.
Even gmpartsdirect says "item no longer for sale".
So I should be able to test fit them later next week.
I'm also pretty sure that my 05 Z71 wheels won't clear with the +31 offset.
All of the 2020 Silverado aftermarket wheels are minimum +12.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still haven't received shipping confirmation on my order from gmpartsstore.com
:(

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still haven't received shipping confirmation on my order from gmpartsstore.com
:(

Holiday week and weekend and all. I'm sure you'll get confirmed by Monday.
Did you get pads?
I wanted to get the R1 high friction pads but they are always sold out!
I love high friction and lots of brake dust.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah. I just ordered the calipers. No rush here to install them. Just wanted them before the current back order drives up the cost. I'd rather buy pads locally from one of the parts houses. Can't beat the lifetime warranty and personally have never shopped pads online

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah. I just ordered the calipers. No rush here to install them. Just wanted them before the current back order drives up the cost. I'd rather buy pads locally from one of the parts houses. Can't beat the lifetime warranty and personally have never shopped pads online

Porterfield is local here and they've made me custom pads and lines before.
I'm just going to go there and have them conjure me a special compound for MAX stopping power.

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if these will clear 20" with 28mm offset. I realized after the fact that my stock 2004 17" are 31mm and the take-offs from my BIL's new Silverado I put on are only 28mm.

Well...if they are from a silverado with the 4 piston calipers they should clear.