4 Piston Big Brake Upgrade from 2019-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im planning on doing this soon. I have the calipers in the mail. Once I get everything ill make a new thread with all the details and review

Very Cool

From the Videos, it looked like the OEM brake lines were a little stretched..just a bit.
I plan on doing some stop tech stainless ones.....they always make em a bit long.

O...and please measure the pads (LxW) so we can compute pad area.
I can't seem to find it anywhere
I'm interested to see how comparable it is to the wilwood 6P pad area.
The silverado rotors are just a bit smaller so it has to be close.

The wilwood 6P pad area with the 14 rotor is 11.1 sqin

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a relatively new discovery so not your fault.

It should only half hurt as its only the fronts.

Its good though, cuz its a really big brake, and you should be able to feel the difference easily.
And its a four piston caliper, so you can color it how you want.
Like yellow ones would look really good behind your black wheels.
They have covers for em too...those are kinda cheesy though.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
I was sold till i seen that it used to lock them up under emergency braking and after install it doesnt.Thats a deal braker-your doing this to get better brakes not worse.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silverado guys have been doing this mod for well over a year now.

I know my buddy sent me a link for it and the parts list about this time last year.

EDIT: going to the dealer in a few to get some prices

Last edited:
OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was sold till i seen that it used to lock them up under emergency braking and after install it doesnt.Thats a deal braker-your doing this to get better brakes not worse.

Are you saying that the upgrade will lock up under hard braking and ABS won't work?
or
Are you saying you will run out of brake pedal before the modded brakes reach maximum clamping force?

Do you have any detail on that?
Like threads from other sites describing the problem?
Or YouTube videos?

Just curious as I haven't seen anybody on this site do this mod and there is still alot of activity under the 07+ brake upgrade sticky.

I just need bigger brakes and would prefer an OEM solution as opposed to spending $2K on wilwoods, which I've done before.
My current braking zone is sooooooooo long, its almost a safety issue.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything brand new, should be about $350 to $400

Well just got back from the dealership (one that has always done right by me). There is a national back order in my region. And the few dealers that have the calipers will not sell them unless you have a VIN.

Secondly, they want $181 for caliper. There was a dealer about 1.5hr from me, but don't have that time right now.

I have done countless brake upgrades on GM trucks and have never had an issue with the ABS. Whether larger OEM GM calipers on a different application or building a custom Wilwood set up for my 04 Colorado.

As long as you have a properly operating or maintained braking system you should be fine. As far as the YouTube or Wiki engineers........take what they say with a grain of salt and a shot of something. Hot Rodders have been proving them wrong for years.

Do your research, look at the reviews and go from there. Don't let a single hear say post scare you. I have found over the 20 years of being on car/truck forums one thing always holds true.....those who say, no, engineer this or have never truly wrenched on a car will always be the first to say, don't do it. They're just scared or don't have the skill to make things happen or work.

That's just my .02

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum