2022 Wont start after remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect, AgentOrange86.. thank you !!
I had the same issue with my 2022 Escalade, it will not start after I used the remote starter.
I started the truck with the remote starter, but it turned off after a couple of minutes. When I tried to start it with the ignition button the truck would not respond, although the lights and dashboard were on. I called OnStar, but they had no clue, they wanted to tow the car to the dealer. After I read this blog, I took Agent's advice and disconnected the battery (just the negative) for 2 seconds, the alarm went off. then reconnected the battery and turned the alarm off (with the remote). The truck started perfectly well and back to normal.. I will not use the remote starter again till I see a fix from GM
There is already a fix. Scroll up, there is a TSB for this, need a BCM (body control module) firmware update. All the info above in this thread.

auntpooz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ch

Checked In on it today at the dealer. Turns out there is a bulletin that if you remote start the vehicle it may shutoff and not restart when you press the dash start button (which is how mine went). I had remote started it probably 25 times prior with no issues. Here’s the rub - GM is still working on the fix (I guess software) so the solution for now is not to remote start it. They showed me the bulletin otherwise I’d be skeptical of that diagnosis but it is what it is. They had to clear the computer in order for it to restart. Keeping it another night to make sure it continues to start with dash button.

Don’t know how widespread this is or whether anyone should be concerned about remote starting when far from home. I know I won’t be!
I've had 2 issues with this. The first time was the 2nd day I owned it. It had to be towed. That was in January. It is in the shop for the same bulletin. This time my son in law unhooked the battery and "reset" it. I am beyond frustrated with this. This last time my daughter was in the hospital in critical care and I was about to have a nervous breakdown. The car wouldn't start, but can on heat and radio kept running. I'M OVER THIS VEHICLE!

auntpooz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Perfect, AgentOrange86.. thank you !!
I had the same issue with my 2022 Escalade, it will not start after I used the remote starter.
I started the truck with the remote starter, but it turned off after a couple of minutes. When I tried to start it with the ignition button the truck would not respond, although the lights and dashboard were on. I called OnStar, but they had no clue, they wanted to tow the car to the dealer. After I read this blog, I took Agent's advice and disconnected the battery (just the negative) for 2 seconds, the alarm went off. then reconnected the battery and turned the alarm off (with the remote). The truck started perfectly well and back to normal.. I will not use the remote starter again till I see a fix from GM
They need to get moving on the fix!

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had 2 issues with this. The first time was the 2nd day I owned it. It had to be towed. That was in January. It is in the shop for the same bulletin. This time my son in law unhooked the battery and "reset" it. I am beyond frustrated with this. This last time my daughter was in the hospital in critical care and I was about to have a nervous breakdown. The car wouldn't start, but can on heat and radio kept running. I'M OVER THIS VEHICLE!
While it is very frustrating, there is a simple work around to get it back going. Just be thankful of that i guess.

auntpooz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
While it is very frustrating, there is a simple work around to get it back going. Just be thankful of that i guess.
True, however, I didn't spend that kind of money to have to disconnect my battery and reconnect it for my 2022 to start

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was done in January once. You would think it would solve the problem....nope. Thank you :)
if your BCM was updated in January of 2022, you don’t have the fix.

The bulletin with the info on a BCM software update to fix the issue was published on March 23, 2022.

Scroll up to post #103, Print that doc, and take it to your dealer. Have them install the latest BCM calibration available for your vehicle.

My BCM was updated in May, I’ve never had this issue since.

auntpooz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is already a fix. Scroll up, there is a TSB for this, need a BCM (body control module) firmware update. All the info above in this thread.

if your BCM was updated in January of 2022, you don’t have the fix.

The bulletin with the info on a BCM software update to fix the issue was published on March 23, 2022.

Scroll up to post #103, Print that doc, and take it to your dealer. Have them install the latest BCM calibration available for your vehicle.

My BCM was updated in May, I’ve never had this issue since.
It was updated again today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65