2022 Wont start after remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ironically after I chimed in on the Consumer reports thread yesterday my '22 At4 6.2 wont start this morning. It seems to have full electrical power -- lights/radio all fine but nothing happens when pushing start. Anyone else run into this?

Waiting for the Onstar tow now -- push button trans controls won't let me select anything except park. Hoping they can tow it without screwing anything up.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ironically after I chimed in on the Consumer reports thread yesterday my '22 At4 6.2 wont start this morning. It seems to have full electrical power -- lights/radio all fine but nothing happens when pushing start. Anyone else run into this?

Waiting for the Onstar tow now -- push button trans controls won't let me select anything except park. Hoping they can tow it without screwing anything up.
are the brake lights working?, will it go into service mode? "press the start button for more then 5 seconds with foot off the brake pedal"

OP
OP
NYisles1

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes brake lights worked. Tried service mode as per the manual -- all the lights came on but it still wouldnt shift into neutral (or start). Tow guys dragged it onto the flatbed and now i await the dealer. At least it was in my driveway and not on a road trip somewhere!

tow.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes brake lights worked. Tried service mode as per the manual -- all the lights came on but it still wouldnt shift into neutral (or start). Tow guys dragged it onto the flatbed and now i await the dealer. At least it was in my driveway and not on a road trip somewhere!

View attachment 360204
well please report back what the issue was when you find out, that information may help someone else down the road

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
someone else recently had a no start problem, they also had it towed in, I forget what the issue was though i'm thinking the dealer blamed the battery and replaced it and gave it back to them and the next day it wouldn't start again so they sent it back to the dealer again and then I haven't seen any update since then, you might find it if you poke around in the 2021+ section.

OP
OP
NYisles1

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
someone else recently had a no start problem, they also had it towed in, I forget what the issue was though i'm thinking the dealer blamed the battery and replaced it and gave it back to them and the next day it wouldn't start again so they sent it back to the dealer again and then I haven't seen any update since then, you might find it if you poke around in the 2021+ section.
I remember reading that thread but also can't remember the outcome -- will try to find it -- thanks!

OP
OP
NYisles1

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ch
well please report back what the issue was when you find out, that information may help someone else down the road
Checked In on it today at the dealer. Turns out there is a bulletin that if you remote start the vehicle it may shutoff and not restart when you press the dash start button (which is how mine went). I had remote started it probably 25 times prior with no issues. Here’s the rub - GM is still working on the fix (I guess software) so the solution for now is not to remote start it. They showed me the bulletin otherwise I’d be skeptical of that diagnosis but it is what it is. They had to clear the computer in order for it to restart. Keeping it another night to make sure it continues to start with dash button.

Don’t know how widespread this is or whether anyone should be concerned about remote starting when far from home. I know I won’t be!

Reaction score
Ch

Checked In on it today at the dealer. Turns out there is a bulletin that if you remote start the vehicle it may shutoff and not restart when you press the dash start button (which is how mine went). I had remote started it probably 25 times prior with no issues. Here’s the rub - GM is still working on the fix (I guess software) so the solution for now is not to remote start it. They showed me the bulletin otherwise I’d be skeptical of that diagnosis but it is what it is. They had to clear the computer in order for it to restart. Keeping it another night to make sure it continues to start with dash button.

Don’t know how widespread this is or whether anyone should be concerned about remote starting when far from home. I know I won’t be!
Hopefully that’s all it is. It makes me concerned about using the remote start when we get our new car in a couple weeks. I so rarely use it in my current vehicle anyway. It doesn’t get that cold where I am though.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so.... a potential home fix then should be to disconnect & reconnect the battery ground cable, that would essentially "clear" the computer for the most part.
maybe the next time this happens or pops up on the thread someone can give it a try.
keep that in your suggestion box for now until we discover otherwise.
Edit***reportedly doing this has worked for 1 person so far

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccbaugh