“Official” 2022 Changes Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed this in the 2022 guide:

Deletion:

bullet.gif
(IOT) 10.2" diagonal GMC Infotainment System with Navigation​

I wonder how that’s going to work with the new “Google Built-in” infotainment system. Force you to use Google Maps for Nav? I can’t think of any more ways we could possibly have Google in our lives… hurray! :rolleyes:

Also I’m curious if they’ll still force a sunroof if you want a second row bench seat in the Denali as they did this year. I can’t find that anywhere in the 2022 guide but I’m guessing “yes” is the answer as I would want those options in the premium package and you can’t have them al la carté, nor can you have the premium package without the sunroof.

Dez78n

Reaction score
Just noticed this in the 2022 guide:

Deletion:

bullet.gif
(IOT) 10.2" diagonal GMC Infotainment System with Navigation​

I wonder how that’s going to work with the new “Google Built-in” infotainment system. Force you to use Google Maps for Nav? I can’t think of any more ways we could possibly have Google in our lives… hurray! :rolleyes:

Also I’m curious if they’ll still force a sunroof if you want a second row bench seat in the Denali as they did this year. I can’t find that anywhere in the 2022 guide but I’m guessing “yes” is the answer as I would want those options in the premium package and you can’t have them al la carté, nor can you have the premium package without the sunroof.
I saw lots of yukons that had the options ala carte since there were constraints on things in the premium package. There were several that had all of the things added from the premium package without having the actual package because of the power running boards or the tech package. So I think the dealer can order those things without being part of a package, you just don't see if if you build it on the website.

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if they moved the wireless charging back to the arm rest?

halemeister

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the schedule is for rolling out orders on 2022? It says 8/19 based on regional allocation. Idaho dealer said they can order starting 9/8 and a dealer in AZ said 8/26. Any states open now?

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the regular incandescent bulbs I suspect this could be a mixed blessing.

Yes not LED but also possibly easier and cheaper to R/R. If you could find a LED Bulb that works with the existing wiring and BCM that doesn’t cause “HyperFlash” then try it. Some LED bulbs require a resistor relay. Some you have to splice into the factory harness near the bulb connectivity point. Some are bulbs with the resistor built in. Those bulbs might work but can be longer and a tighter fit in the lens housing.

A sidebar on the rear turn signals…I for one are very happy that the Tahoe went back to Amber turn signals…..I oersonally thing they should be standard and or mandated….no confusion about what bulbs do what. Amber is turn signal and or hazard flashers. Clear Lens and Amber bulb or amber lens and clear bulb. Either one is fine with me but keep amber turn related. Tahoe and Yukon both had it up until about 2007, then went away for a while then returned for Yukon until 2021 MY when Yukon went back to red and Tahoe went Amber.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for ordering it is a crapshoot on delivery. I got real lucky on my Premier in that it showed a 8/9 build date with 8/21 estimated ETA to dealer 8/21. I ran numbers on 8/18, planned for 8/21 delivery and got text from sales rep….On Property….ran through acceptance, PDI, detail, VIN verified for title/sales paperwork, fueled and picked up 8/20. Already been delivered, dealer verified, picked up, Tint installed, and Costco N2 conversion for tires. Plus some minor showing off to friends.

Premier was note really my first idea. If I could order a Z71 and get a fairly reasonable ETA to dealer I would have considered. Estimated back orders especially for customer specked models was minimum six-ten weeeks. That is a long time for a couple of reasons. 1. Take a chance of the chip shortage not stabilizing or worsening means more chance of other fairly common or even critical options/packages getting cut or de contented. 2. More risk to trade as in more exposure to damage, theft, incidents etc…. Potential risk of getting re appraised and trade in value dropping. I jumped on the Premier primarily because….it was available. Numbers were good and story has it the prev buyers wife guilted him into not getting Blue because she recently got a Blue Porsche. Could be folklore but plausible.

ItIsWhatItIs

Reaction score
I suspect that the reference to the analog tach and spedo mean that they will be statically displayed in analog form (see the spy shots on the internet of the Sierra dash)

But I do not expect to see Supercruise, I have to think that the RPO would be listed, and it's not. - It did make it to standard fare on all but the entry level Escalade though.

The aux trailer camera for the rear of trailer (Enhanced Trailer View) is now an available option on AT4 and Denali (I have not looked at that option on the Chevys)

As noted somewhere on the interwebs, the rear entertainment screens lose USB-C streaming, and seemingly Miracast, but gains what it calls WiFi streaming. I cannot say with 100% certainty, but the 22 Sierra HD owner's guide for the entertainment screens has instructions for DLNA streaming, which does indeed run over WiFi.. and both Android and Apple devices have DLNA serving apps available, and should be much more reliable than Miracast ever was, this would be a win if it works like it should.

The new Denali Black performance pakage - a few dark bits, badges and front brembos, but no black grille out front.

As for the new colors? This is somewhat interesting

The Yukons and Tahoe/Suburban lose Dark Sky metallic (shadow gray) and Smoky Quartz (graywood metallic)
The Yukons gain Redwood Metallic - Chevy Auburn metallic -- this is the same color as the C8 Corvette Caffiene metallic just announced.
The Tahoe/Suburban gain Dark Ash Metallic, but the Yukon does not.
Evergreen gray metallic is, indeed Hunter metalic, but the only way to get that on a Yukon is still the Denali, but available on all but fleet Tahoe/Suburban. Very strange there.

Of course there's a smattering of new wheels, changes to the floor liners, but no actual pictures or info on what's different.

I do find it interesting, thus far that the only chip related deletion that is in effect today on the 21's is mentioned in the 22's so far - that's the auto start/stop - that's still not included on the V8's. The wireless charging and steering column lock are not currently listed with not-included RPO's.
Anyone know anymore about this black performance package? Curious to see what all it blacks out, and if available on the diesel.

ItIsWhatItIs

Reaction score
I just talked to my dealer yesterday, and they said that the Max Trailering Package (which is included in the package you mentioned) is very, very hard to come by currently.
That’s what my order is waiting on. And since this is the new family tow vehicle for camping we’re waiting it out.

kybandy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know anymore about this black performance package? Curious to see what all it blacks out, and if available on the diesel.
According to the order guide, it's only available with the "Denali Performance Package", which includes: "(SEV) 22" 6-Spoke Low Gloss Black Wheels with Machined Accents, LPO, (SFZ) Black GMC emblems, LPO, (RIK) Black nameplate, LPO and (5JL) Front 6-Piston Brembo Brake Upgrade with Color Matched Rear Calipers, LPO (dealer-installed)". However, there's a footnote currently that it's not available for order at this time.

You can, however, order the black emblems from the GMC Accessories website here. For cheaper than what the Denali Performance Package would be. You can then either install them yourself or have the dealer do it (for some labor cost, no doubt). My plan is to order the black emblems separately once I get the car and then swap them myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt