2022 Tahoe RST: Impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pilgrim, What you point out about tech and ergonomics is absolutely true. There are too many controls and features. GM is doing a better job than anyone else, but less is more. I have had three GM's since digitization, a DeVille, an Impala and this one. Just try renting an Audi or a BMW abnd compare. The German controls and instrument panel are unusable, like you'd need a week-long classroom course on how to drive your car. (We just rented a 530d for two weeks and we decided that we'll never buy a BMW despite the good engine and chassis.) In this respect, almost everything you need to drive the Tahoe is in the buttons and switches. I have had to resort to the manual only once to find a feature of the back hatch controls, but otherwise the set up is understandable. (Nothing like the A6 diesel that took me half an hour stranded at the pumps, manual in my lap, to figure out how to reset the ignition by putting the key on top of a weird little hieroglyph.) But like you, I think this is all too much. I don't need or want all this complicated stuff. It detracts from the driving experience and prevents one from enjoying the ride.
Note, there is an easter egg place to place the fob in the the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/XL platform if it's battery dies...
1705069530963.png
1705069573650.png

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM does fall short in 1 area, making the controls consistent across their models. Wife drives a Yukon Denali, I drive either the 1500 or the 2500 most days. While the CC and wiper controls are in the same area, most everything else isn't. The steering wheel heat, it's on the steering wheel in the 2500, the console on the 1500, and is in a different spot on the console in the Yukon. All 3 are Denali's, they should be somewhat similar.
The 2500 I can add radio stations, change the climate settings, customize the navigation, all from the MyGMC app. The Yukon, can't customize the radio settings, the climate settings, or navigation from the app, and not only that, but neither use the same profile when you login. Both are totally different, it's almost like they are made by different manufacturers. IMHO I should have the same controls across the platform, be able to set everything on a single profile, and I should be able to login to all 3 and have the same settings without having to do it 3 times. Hopefully 1 day this will happen.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM does fall short in 1 area, making the controls consistent across their models. Wife drives a Yukon Denali, I drive either the 1500 or the 2500 most days. While the CC and wiper controls are in the same area, most everything else isn't. The steering wheel heat, it's on the steering wheel in the 2500, the console on the 1500, and is in a different spot on the console in the Yukon. All 3 are Denali's, they should be somewhat similar.
The 2500 I can add radio stations, change the climate settings, customize the navigation, all from the MyGMC app. The Yukon, can't customize the radio settings, the climate settings, or navigation from the app, and not only that, but neither use the same profile when you login. Both are totally different, it's almost like they are made by different manufacturers. IMHO I should have the same controls across the platform, be able to set everything on a single profile, and I should be able to login to all 3 and have the same settings without having to do it 3 times. Hopefully 1 day this will happen.
This would be AWESOME to have...

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have the same controls across the platform, be able to set everything on a single profile, and I should be able to login to all 3 and have the same settings without having to do it 3 times. Hopefully 1 day this will happen.
I used to work with the CEO of GM when OnStar first came out. The above was part of the vision they had for it in the early days (and... imagine if it worked across any GM you'd get into, think rental car).

Why o why haven't we gotten their yet?