2022 Wont start after remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get out of their purchase or lease? This is the third time it’s happened
Ask them to show you the printout from the Computer that shows the BCM software version...sure sounds like not fixed for you...and the dealership should be working w/ GM TechLine on a resolution.

I cannot believe some of these dealers!

22CTHC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ask them to show you the printout from the Computer that shows the BCM software version...sure sounds like not fixed for you...and the dealership should be working w/ GM TechLine on a resolution.

I cannot believe some of these dealers!
theyre awful here in Michigan! The third dealership just called and said it’s going to be 3-5 days before they’ll even look at it . I have a supposed Chevrolet Executive Resolutions Team member that’s been handling my case since the second incident and I’ve told her multiple time and even sent her the service bulletin too about the bcm.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theyre awful here in Michigan! The third dealership just called and said it’s going to be 3-5 days before they’ll even look at it . I have a supposed Chevrolet Executive Resolutions Team member that’s been handling my case since the second incident and I’ve told her multiple time and even sent her the service bulletin too about the bcm.
That’s horrible…esp since it’s a known issue with a manufacturer communication to the NHTSA.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scroll up to post #103 and print that doc. Take it to the dealer, and tell them you want the BCM updated to latest...

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local dealer said they will only update if the codes are present from the event happening when I asked…will find out shortly if they can confirm the BCM version during the oil change..

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update - dealer said “based on your build date you have the latest BCM software”. I know this isn’t the case because I have the headlight / DRL issue still but didn’t have time to argue with the rep.

Is there a way to check you BCM version at home?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update - dealer said “based on your build date you have the latest BCM software”. I know this isn’t the case because I have the headlight / DRL issue still but didn’t have time to argue with the rep.

Is there a way to check you BCM version at home?
Your dealer sucks.
I'd print out the TSB for the DRL, and go back and demonstrate that issue...and then you will get both problems resolved on same trip....

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your dealer sucks.
I'd print out the TSB for the DRL, and go back and demonstrate that issue...and then you will get both problems resolved on same trip....
Agreed, had hesitations about going to this one and should have drove a little further for better service. My only struggle is I swapped the sensor already so I’d have to place the old one back in to demonstrate. May try another dealer with a better rep.

mikeS2068

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Perfect, AgentOrange86.. thank you !!
I had the same issue with my 2022 Escalade, it will not start after I used the remote starter.
I started the truck with the remote starter, but it turned off after a couple of minutes. When I tried to start it with the ignition button the truck would not respond, although the lights and dashboard were on. I called OnStar, but they had no clue, they wanted to tow the car to the dealer. After I read this blog, I took Agent's advice and disconnected the battery (just the negative) for 2 seconds, the alarm went off. then reconnected the battery and turned the alarm off (with the remote). The truck started perfectly well and back to normal.. I will not use the remote starter again till I see a fix from GM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n