2021 Base Denali XL - FoMo Check?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rmhenry1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well folks time to eat a little crow. So, chatting this week more w/ my dealer - on Tues we weren't sure but Dealer Chat rep said 'expedited' we said we'll believe it when we see it. Yesterday he called and said - it's on the truck, be here tomorrow or Friday. Pleasantly surprised, both of us.

Well, believe it friends, hit my Dealer lot today, picking it up tomorrow. The shipping status? Yeah, still says sitting on the lot:
View attachment 355216

So, don't take the status as Gospel - clearly this is not updated and my vehicle has been delivered, they just texted me pictures of it. She's a beaut Clark. Key difference did NOT come to NC on rail but by truck, seems to make a difference in shipping status through JCT up there.

Will share some photos after pickup tomorrow.

@rmhenry1 for the order status sheet I asked my Dealer guy for it and he provided it.
Decreed, thanks for the update. My dealer is telling me the same thing. Where are you located I am in Charlotte dealing with Williams GMC.

CoryS

Reaction score
Decreed, thanks for the update. My dealer is telling me the same thing. Where are you located I am in Charlotte dealing with Williams GMC.
I am working with Williams in CLT as well. My Yukon has been sitting in the Midlothian storage lot since October 17. I touched base with Williams yesterday and they have no update. Meanwhile, Yukons with more packages (and presumably more chips) have been delivered even though they were built after mine. Go figure.

OP
OP
D

Decreed_it

Reaction score
We went with Liberty - extremely satisfied with all the folks up there. Small, family atmosphere, down to earth great folks. I see a ton of Williams decals around here as well though. There's a big dealer up north of the lake - they have a Denali Ultimate with a 10k markup and I will never, ever give them a cent of business.

My guy shared the dealer chat help transcripts with me, have to say GM was less than specific with any info - right up until they told him 'it's on the truck!' and sure enough, it was.

Interestingly ours came w/ 4-way Lumbar and wireless charging, which is nice. Otherwise a base model. We believe that had a lot to do with getting it "quickly".

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been tracking '22 diesel denali's for about a week now because I have one sitting at the Navy Base and I have entirely too much time on my hands. I've entered numerous VINs into the pals app just to sort of see how long its been taking for other vehicles on the '22 GMC inventory page. I had come to the conclusion that vehicles that are within a day or two drive from Arlington go to the Navy Base and take on average 1.5-2 weeks from arrival to leaving that lot for delivery to dealerships. Ones going further go to Midlothian or "to rail" but the same has been true there too that the majority take around 2 weeks to get out. I looked at 21s too and there were many that show they went to the storage lots back in July/Aug, then back to Arlington I assume for chips, and then back to the lots to await transport. But I haven't seen any show that sort of pattern with the 22s. I don't personally think they are sending any 22's to sit at the storage lots for chips. I know this thread started as an inquiry on a 21 but just wanted to show what my obsessive research has shown LOL
I literally just did the same thing today and created a spreadsheet. I’m in the dreaded Midlothian lot since 04/13