2021 Base Denali XL - FoMo Check?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Decreed_it

Reaction score
Hi Folks, new member, we have been in need of a new family hauler for quite some time, I'm in an ageing but still awesome 2008 Land Cruiser with close to 190k miles and working through some issues (yes, they do have issues). Long story short, it's time.

We are looking at a base Denali XL 3.0 Duramax my local dealer has in their incoming inventory pipeline (allegedly). We do not need Max Trailering, definitely do not want rear seat media, and can live w/out Advanced tech stuff. This thing will be light years ahead of the Cruiser as it is. We need a reliable, decently efficient long road trip family hauler (sports travel teams, friends coming on vacation, 2 dogs, too much stuff). We don't tow anything, yet, maybe a small camp trailer at some point. There is a time constraint too, trying to get into something prior to Thanksgiving, it's not critical but important.

But, there's always FoMo - what would we lose in this base config that we might regret later?

Here's the build sheet
5SA - Denali Preferred Equipment GroupTrim:HFM - Leather, Teak/Light Shale, Perforated
Primary Color:G9K - Satin Steel MetallicEngine:LM2 - Engine: Duramax 3.0L, Turbo-Diesel, Inline 6 Cylinder
Emissions:
Transmission:MQC - Transmission, 10-Speed Automatic
Ordered Options:
A2X: Power Seat Adjuster (Driver's Side)
A50: Seats: Front, Bucket, with Center Console
AS8: Seat, 3rd row 60/40 Bench, power
ATN: Seat, 2nd row Bucket, power release
AU3: Power Door Locks
B30: Floor Covering: Carpet, Color Keyed
B58: Floor Mats, color-keyed, carpeted 1st and 2nd row
BVE: Assist Steps, Black
C3A: HEATER AIR SYSTEM HEATING/DEFROSTER SYSTEM, REINFORCED,
C3F: GVW Rating 7700 Lbs
C3U: Sunroof, Panoramic, power sliding w/pwr sunshade
CJ2: Climate Control, Electronic - Dual-zone
DCH: Center Floor Console,Power Sliding w/drawer&storage
DXR: Mirror, Outside, Power, Heated, Auto-Dimming w/Turn ind
FE9: Federal Emissions
G86: Differential, nechanical, limited-slip
GU5: Rear Axle: 3.23 Ratio
IOT: GMC Premium Infotainment Plus, 8" P/U Screen,10.2" SUV
K05: Engine Block Heater
K34: Cruise Control
KA6: Heated Seats: 2nd Row
KI3: Heated Steering Wheel
KI4: 120 Volt Electrical Receptacle, In Cab
KQV: Seats, Heated & Ventilated, Front
N38: Steering Column, Powerl Tilt & Telescoping
NQH: Transfer Case: Active, 2-Speed, Auotrac, Rotary Dial
RPU: Wheels: 22" Bright machined aluminum w/premium paint
SFE: LPO - Wheel Locks, set of 4
TC2: Liftgate, Rear, power
TQ5: Headlamps, Intellibeam
U2K: SiriusXM Satellite Radio (subscription)
UD5: Parking Assist, Front & Rear Sensors
UE1: OnStar Communication System
UE4: Following Distance Indicator
UEU: Sensor, Forward Collision Alert
UFG: Sensor, Rear Cross Traffic Alert
UHX: Lane Keep Assist/Departure Warning
UHY: Automatic Emergency Braking
UKC: Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
UKK: Sensor, Pedestrian Detection
UV2: Surround Vision, HD
UV6: Head-Up Display: Multi-Color, 15" Diagonal Display
VK3: Front License Plate Mounting Provisions
VQZ: LPO - Polished Exhaust Tip
XCG: Tires, 22in P275/50R22, All-Season, Blackwall
YM8: LPO Processing Option
Z82: Trailering Package
Z95: Suspension Package, Magnetic Ride Control

Last edited:

waynehead99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A Denali base looks like it has more options than my RST Tahoe (which from my understanding is just a LT with some flare).

Personally I don't think you will have an FOMO with that setup.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you can wait a little bit the 2022's will have a 12" screen and probably other little fixes

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

I don't think that you can go wrong with that selection.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you say that you just need a basic vehicle that is big, this will more than fit your bill well. Don’t pass it up because waiting for another one or just the right thing again, could take six months or longer for something like it to show up again….Especially with a Dmax…

OP
OP
D

Decreed_it

Reaction score
If you say that you just need a basic vehicle that is big, this will more than fit your bill well. Don’t pass it up because waiting for another one or just the right thing again, could take six months or longer for something like it to show up again….Especially with a Dmax…
Yep this is where we're at - end of the day we simply don't need that extra stuff, being realistic. And, don't (can't?) wait for a 2022 to show up, mid next year? Forgot to mention got them to put 20" wheels on it - we're not fans of yuge wheels and I like me some additional sidewall to soak up the bumps.

Apparently 6 weeks since it's already in the pipeline! We'll see! Edit: Not in the pipeline - an allocation, so, order with deposit is into the dealership, 8 weeks we hope +/- goal is by Thanksgiving so wiggle room. Waiting on order acceptance and a build date, I think that's the process.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Decreed_it

Reaction score
And we have a VIN number as of this week :) She's been built or is about to finish.

Questions for folks in the South East or even Carolinas - how long has it taken for vehicles to arrive after production week/VIN assignment?

CoryS

Reaction score
And we have a VIN number as of this week :) She's been built or is about to finish.

Questions for folks in the South East or even Carolinas - how long has it taken for vehicles to arrive after production week/VIN assignment?
I am in Charlotte. I went to 3800 status/VIN created the middle of last week. It sat that way for a few days before going to 4D00, which is something you don't want. My Yukon was transported to a storage lot in Midlothian, Texas on Sunday were it will sit until it gets microchiped. Know one knows how long this will be. You can go to the following site and enter your VIN. It will tell you where your vehicle is. https://palsapp.com/Home/Home I hope you get lucky and it actually ships.

OP
OP
D

Decreed_it

Reaction score
I am in Charlotte. I went to 3800 status/VIN created the middle of last week. It sat that way for a few days before going to 4D00, which is something you don't want. My Yukon was transported to a storage lot in Midlothian, Texas on Sunday were it will sit until it gets microchiped. Know one knows how long this will be. You can go to the following site and enter your VIN. It will tell you where your vehicle is. https://palsapp.com/Home/Home I hope you get lucky and it actually ships.
Man I am sorry to hear that - will check this app - thanks very much. We are hoping it doesn't end up that way because we deliberately de-contented it in the order to almost base. I think the only "options" on this one are pano roof, sliding center console and polished exhaust tip (which I'd have also deleted if I'd caught it). Oh and 20" wheel "downgrade".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter