My 07 Denali XL 'build'/Check Engine Lights/Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be replacing the oil pressure sensor for sure while I've got it apart! Thanks Geotrash!

I found that my rear shocks are blown(air shocks), and while I've been exploring in the engine bay found that the front shock electrical? connectors are no longer connected to the front shocks (up at the top I'm assuming), and the front shocks have coil springs on them. I'm assuming the front shocks do Not come with coils so someone already converted the front to non air suspension?

Also found it doesn't have a front sway bar, and someone snapped the mount bolts off on the passenger side for the sways, so thats going to be a very fun fix!
The front suspension is always coil spring on these trucks, even when you have air suspension in the rear. It’s possible that the previous owner replaced the front shocks with passive shocks and installed resistors to avoid the service suspension warning message. If you can snap a picture of the front strut cartridges, we can help you identify them perhaps.

I can’t imagine driving one of these without a front sway bar. That’s a big deal. Those bolts use the friction nut plate, so you may end up having to drill it out and change the threads with a tap. Sucks man, I’m sorry.

OP
OP
C

carrmann

Reaction score
that makes sense, I've seen conversion kits so assumed the springs were due to no ride control. I def have the light for service suspension(dont see any resistors in that harness at least). I've attached pictures to this post that you wanted to see. It seems to have had front/rear air suspension(I can see components indicating it did at least), especially since its a Denali.

I will be fixing the sway bar for sure. I assumed it needed front shocks and That was why it was so 'floaty' up front lol.

Any idea what is supposed to be behind the fuse box in the last picture? Seems something was hooked up there, havent found any good pictures that identify it.

Attachments

• PXL_20230507_212056423.jpg
    PXL_20230507_212056423.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20230507_212117538.jpg
    PXL_20230507_212117538.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20230507_212136721.jpg
    PXL_20230507_212136721.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
C

carrmann

Reaction score
@carrmann Your recent reported oil pressure readings are good so that should be plenty oil pressure for the VVT system to work with
so if he is correct, it wont stall anymore. it didnt always do it without fail... so I need to drive it some to test it. It is not my daily, it will take some time before I can drive it long enough to test it.

OP
OP
C

carrmann

Reaction score
about to replace my exh manifold gasket, as it has a leak. looks like oil from valve cover has been leaking on it. I'm seeing posts about replacing valve cover and not just new gaskets/orings. Not sure it applies to me though? Going to be doing exh man gasket along with valve cover gasket (or new valve cover?).

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about to replace my exh manifold gasket, as it has a leak. looks like oil from valve cover has been leaking on it. I'm seeing posts about replacing valve cover and not just new gaskets/orings. Not sure it applies to me though? Going to be doing exh man gasket along with valve cover gasket (or new valve cover?).
It’s old enough that it probably doesn’t have the new valve cover design, I would buy a new driver side valve cover and a set of valve cover gaskets

OP
OP
C

carrmann

Reaction score
anyone have any input on those front shocks, or what goes behind the fuse box in the engine bay? @Geotrash

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu