SLT w/Luxury package or switch to base Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another question...in looking at this order I see it listed as "Retail Stock TRE". From what I understand, I have no price protection with this. When I asked about switching it to "Retail sold SRE" he said:

"We will need to do $1000.00 non-refundable deposit, and a copy of your driver's license to move it SRE. We get penalized if you back out of SRE"

Is that true? Do they actually get penalized if they don't sell it to the original requestor with Retail Sold? How are you guys getting your orders in as Retail Sold? Are you putting non-refundable deposits down?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see "NQH Autotrack 2-speed transfer case" included in my build (without Max Tow) and this is the same option included with the Max Tow option in my SLT build. Is there another option I should be looking for?
NQH is for the 2-speed transfer case. So that's what you'd get if spec'd for it if that's what you are asking.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another question...in looking at this order I see it listed as "Retail Stock TRE". From what I understand, I have no price protection with this. When I asked about switching it to "Retail sold SRE" he said:

"We will need to do $1000.00 non-refundable deposit, and a copy of your driver's license to move it SRE. We get penalized if you back out of SRE"

Is that true? Do they actually get penalized if they don't sell it to the original requestor with Retail Sold? How are you guys getting your orders in as Retail Sold? Are you putting non-refundable deposits down?
I have a retail sold order that I put $1K down on via credit card. I didn't send them a driver's license, but I did give them my name/address/phone number.

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a retail sold order that I put $1K down on via credit card. I didn't send them a driver's license, but I did give them my name/address/phone number.
O.K. thanks. Maybe I'll do that also but when I was just talking to him and his manager was close to the phone they said even as a "Retail Sold" they can't guarantee price protection. I thought that sounded a little fishy. No reason to put any money down if he can't do that...This is a smaller dealer so maybe they don't know how to request price protection...not sure. Appreciate input from some of the experts here..

rdgarland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good suggestion, and I've definitely been looking at available inventory. But I think 2 things will make that difficult. First, my dealer has agreed to honor GM Supplier pricing, even on this Denali build. It is very hard to find dealers willing to do that. Second, I need the 2nd row bench seat, which is probably like a unicorn when it comes to existing Denali builds. Most Denali's come with the captains chairs in the 2nd row.
To check for bench seats ( I am also one that needs the second row bench ) when you conduct a search in your area go to interior options , scroll down to power release 60/40 split folding bench seat and that will tell you how many of the Yukons have that options. Believe it or not there are about 23 when I search y using my zip in NY and a lot are Denalis

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To check for bench seats ( I am also one that needs the second row bench ) when you conduct a search in your area go to interior options , scroll down to power release 60/40 split folding bench seat and that will tell you how many of the Yukons have that options. Believe it or not there are about 23 when I search y using my zip in NY and a lot are Denalis
Thanks, good to know. I wouldn't have expected so many Denalis with the bench seat.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O.K. thanks. Maybe I'll do that also but when I was just talking to him and his manager was close to the phone they said even as a "Retail Sold" they can't guarantee price protection. I thought that sounded a little fishy. No reason to put any money down if he can't do that...This is a smaller dealer so maybe they don't know how to request price protection...not sure. Appreciate input from some of the experts here..
I just got a new Silverado and mine was a retail sold order, I didn’t put anything down and was price protected as the 2022 Silverado has gone up I believe $3200 in 6 months. I’m sure I could have backed out but my salesman knew I wouldn’t, Now I also have bought 8 vehicles at this small dealer as well. I don’t think there’s any penalty to the dealer if you back out

WVBKW

Reaction score
Just a quick tip: I do some consulting work for a large dealership group. I spend a lot of time with the owners. Their advice is always get the upper trim level even if the lower trim level has more options. Resale of the higher trim level can be significant.

Example: At the time I was buying a super duty. They showed me two trucks. One a platinum one a lariat. The lariat is the lessor model typically. However in this case the trucks were very close to the same price because the lariat had a ton of features, the platinum was a base platinum. When you placed the trucks in black book to look at future value there was almost 10k difference. The platinum being the higher value even though it has less options.

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a new Silverado and mine was a retail sold order, I didn’t put anything down and was price protected as the 2022 Silverado has gone up I believe $3200 in 6 months. I’m sure I could have backed out but my salesman knew I wouldn’t, Now I also have bought 8 vehicles at this small dealer as well. I don’t think there’s any penalty to the dealer if you back out
Thanks for the info. I got a little more info on this "penalty". Basically he told me that if it is "Retail Sold" and the vehicle is not sold and gone from the lot in like 72 hours, then GM will take away one of their allocations because they think the dealer is trying to play the system. He said dealers were doing this a lot in the past to get vehicles quickly and then selling them to the general public at a huge mark-up. I guess that sounds believable.

I'm still concerned about him saying that even as "Retail Sold" I won't have price protection. Someone on this forum pasted this link awhile ago which seems to imply I should be price-protected: https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/04/gm-is-offering-price-protection-on-sold-customer-orders/

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick tip: I do some consulting work for a large dealership group. I spend a lot of time with the owners. Their advice is always get the upper trim level even if the lower trim level has more options. Resale of the higher trim level can be significant.

Example: At the time I was buying a super duty. They showed me two trucks. One a platinum one a lariat. The lariat is the lessor model typically. However in this case the trucks were very close to the same price because the lariat had a ton of features, the platinum was a base platinum. When you placed the trucks in black book to look at future value there was almost 10k difference. The platinum being the higher value even though it has less options.
Sure...push me more towards the Denali :)

Seriously, thanks! This is good info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT

Latest posts