SLT w/Luxury package or switch to base Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. Like others on this forum, I have been trying to get an order in for a Yukon XL 4X4 SLT. My only options are basically color, Duramax, Luxury package and Max tow. And as many of you know, the Luxury package is on constraint until possibly October. So one thing I'm wondering is if I go up to a base Denali, can I get something sooner? Now when I say "base", I mean zero options except for color and removing the power-sliding console so I can get bench seats in the 2nd row. I really don't need any other options. I can live without Max Tow considering I get the 2-speed transfer case standard.

However, one thing I'm reading in the order guide is the lack of adaptive cruise control at the start of production:

Beginning with start of production, vehicles will be forced to include (07Z) Not Equipped with Adaptive Cruise Control and Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking, which removes Adaptive Cruise Control and Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking. Vehicles will instead include Electronic Cruise Control and Automatic Emergency Braking. See dealer for details or the window label for the features on a specific vehicle.

Can someone explain what exactly I'm losing here? Will I only get old-school cruise control where you set to a speed and it just stays there until you cancel it? And more importantly, do you think they will retro-fit to the adaptive cruise control at a later date? And finally if I wait until this restriction goes away, am I basically waiting until October anyway (where I could get the SLT luxury package and save money)?

I realize it will probably raise my cost by about $5K, but there are some things in the Denali that would be nice. Just not sure they are worth $5K :) Thoughts??

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll get regular cruise control - no later retrofit to adaptive.

As far as timing - you'll want to see if your dealer has allocations for Denali that they can submit right now. If not and you have to wait for allocation, then it probably won't make a difference whether you go SLT w/ lux package or Denali. Keep in mind LM2 Duramax is on tight constraint right now so you will likely not see either configuration get picked up for a build date anytime soon.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I don’t think you get a two speed transfer case without getting max tow. Just AWD models do exist in Denali…

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll get regular cruise control - no later retrofit to adaptive.

As far as timing - you'll want to see if your dealer has allocations for Denali that they can submit right now. If not and you have to wait for allocation, then it probably won't make a difference whether you go SLT w/ lux package or Denali. Keep in mind LM2 Duramax is on tight constraint right now so you will likely not see either configuration get picked up for a build date anytime soon.
Good info, thanks. And I agree, I may not save any time with the other items on constraint but I still may try.

It turns out that the dealer was able to put together an order and add Adaptive Cruise control as a stand-alone option and I don't see anything about it not being available nor "Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking". Maybe that will happen later in the ordering process?

Also question on 2023 pricing for Denali's. I know on the SLT the only price increase between 2022 and 2023 was the mandatory Onstar of $1500. There were no other increases. What about Denali? I haven't been following those prices as much as the SLT. I know the 2023 price includes the $905 Onstar package, but it seems like my totals still do not add up. Was there an additional price increase for 2023 on top of the required $905 Onstar?

Attachments

• InkedIMG_6123.jpg
    InkedIMG_6123.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 10
  • InkedIMG_6124.jpg
    InkedIMG_6124.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 10

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're willing to pay a little extra for the Denali, I'd be checking the GMC website daily for dealer inventory changes...to find one at a dealer, but are probably going to have to pay the a market adjustment...honestly could do it in less than a couple minutes every morning

quick look over at the GMC website and it isn't as user friendly as Chevrolet's which allows you to go directly to the search inventory page and then filter....but if you build a SLT XL using the main options you want, let the summary page marinate for about 5-10 seconds and a "search inventory" link will replace the "locate a dealer" link...click on the ones within your doable radius and go down those rabbit holes

I've been checking on tahoes over the past 10 days and have yet to find a single one already spoken for, all are available, but of course all are over MSRP. The down side is nobody has yet to respond with an ETA on one mainly as I'm contacting them the day it shows up online, meaning it was built a day or two before. did have one dealer at sticker that wouldn't sell it to an out of state buyer - this was the first day I started searching so who knows how long it had been online...it showed up a couple weeks later and they of course sold it (salesman texted saying it had sold)

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I don’t think you get a two speed transfer case without getting max tow. Just AWD models do exist in Denali…
I see "NQH Autotrack 2-speed transfer case" included in my build (without Max Tow) and this is the same option included with the Max Tow option in my SLT build. Is there another option I should be looking for?

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're willing to pay a little extra for the Denali, I'd be checking the GMC website daily for dealer inventory changes...to find one at a dealer, but are probably going to have to pay the a market adjustment...honestly could do it in less than a couple minutes every morning

quick look over at the GMC website and it isn't as user friendly as Chevrolet's which allows you to go directly to the search inventory page and then filter....but if you build a SLT XL using the main options you want, let the summary page marinate for about 5-10 seconds and a "search inventory" link will replace the "locate a dealer" link...click on the ones within your doable radius and go down those rabbit holes

I've been checking on tahoes over the past 10 days and have yet to find a single one already spoken for, all are available, but of course all are over MSRP. The down side is nobody has yet to respond with an ETA on one mainly as I'm contacting them the day it shows up online, meaning it was built a day or two before. did have one dealer at sticker that wouldn't sell it to an out of state buyer - this was the first day I started searching so who knows how long it had been online...it showed up a couple weeks later and they of course sold it (salesman texted saying it had sold)
Good suggestion, and I've definitely been looking at available inventory. But I think 2 things will make that difficult. First, my dealer has agreed to honor GM Supplier pricing, even on this Denali build. It is very hard to find dealers willing to do that. Second, I need the 2nd row bench seat, which is probably like a unicorn when it comes to existing Denali builds. Most Denali's come with the captains chairs in the 2nd row.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see "NQH Autotrack 2-speed transfer case" included in my build (without Max Tow) and this is the same option included with the Max Tow option in my SLT build. Is there another option I should be looking for?
I’m not an expert so I’ll assume if it’s on your bill sheet you’ll get what you ordered and wanted…. I just know that there are also non-two speed models out there also…

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good suggestion, and I've definitely been looking at available inventory. But I think 2 things will make that difficult. First, my dealer has agreed to honor GM Supplier pricing, even on this Denali build. It is very hard to find dealers willing to do that. Second, I need the 2nd row bench seat, which is probably like a unicorn when it comes to existing Denali builds. Most Denali's come with the captains chairs in the 2nd row.

right...i was referring to searching for a SLT since that is what you were originally trying to order...

the supplier pricing for sure throws a kink in it though...one of those hard to pass up offers...but it doesn't really come into the equation until the dealer offers up an allocation with the diesel

if you're looking to get one before the end of the year, my guess is a 2023 Yukon build with a diesel will a true 2023 delivery

then again, if you're going into this expecting to pay supplier pricing since the dealer said they'd do it, buying one from some random dealer 300 miles away at $5k markup will be an almost $8-10k swing...not something I'd be inclined to do either

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right...i was referring to searching for a SLT since that is what you were originally trying to order...

the supplier pricing for sure throws a kink in it though...one of those hard to pass up offers...but it doesn't really come into the equation until the dealer offers up an allocation with the diesel

if you're looking to get one before the end of the year, my guess is a 2023 Yukon build with a diesel will a true 2023 delivery

then again, if you're going into this expecting to pay supplier pricing since the dealer said they'd do it, buying one from some random dealer 300 miles away at $5k markup will be an almost $8-10k swing...not something I'd be inclined to do either
All good points. Yeah, I *might* find an SLT the way I want it, but the Supplier pricing does throw a wrench in things.

And you are correct, a dealer offering something doesn't really matter until they have an allocation to spend...then the rubber hits the road.

I don't expect to get anything much before the end of the year, but if it looks to be stretching well into 1Q or even 2Q 2023, then I may be looking at some other non-GM options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518