10 bolt to 14 Bolt, 9.5 sf swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
im going to say no...the 4l60 has a smaller(and different spline) than 4l80 or 6l80s (which are the same)

pretty much zero problems after this swap also in case anyone wondering...hasnt really been driven much the past couple months but its been beaten when it has :lol:
will probably be going back to 3.42 gears after i get it back moving. doesnt really need the extra gearing of the 4.11 with boost

IDK if you'll see this or not being over 3yrs old? but......

A+ for ingenuity, aptitude, and for sharing. Not much better feeling than visualizing something that could work in a place where it's not meant to work, then finding a way to make it work there

If by chance you do see this, what Torque Converter did you go with??

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

A+ for ingenuity, aptitude, and for sharing. Not much better feeling than visualizing something that could work in a place where it's not meant to work, then finding a way to make it work there

All good, as long as the parts are cheap I don't mind giving it a try.
I used circle d for most of the converters. Has been swapped a few times, With different transmissions. Ended up with a big boy circle d triple disc, mechanical diode, billet cover, 252mm I think . I've been happy with them

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Another well-regarded alternative is the BU60FHD from CVC. They're a national rebuilder of transmissions and torque converters and with this model they addressed the shortcomings in the original design. It has a billet cover and a stronger lockup clutch for right around $500 last I checked. I have one in my 2012 which was recommended to me by a local indy transmission shop. Keeps the factory stall and they also use it on the 6l90 so it's pretty stout.

Reaction score
All good, as long as the parts are cheap I don't mind giving it a try.
I used circle d for most of the converters. Has been swapped a few times, With different transmissions. Ended up with a big boy circle d triple disc, mechanical diode, billet cover, 252mm I think . I've been happy with them

Word....that where Im leaning also. 1800ish stall. Thanks

Reaction score
Another well-regarded alternative is the BU60FHD from CVC. They're a national rebuilder of transmissions and torque converters and with this model they addressed the shortcomings in the original design. It has a billet cover and a stronger lockup clutch for right around $500 last I checked. I have one in my 2012 which was recommended to me by a local indy transmission shop. Keeps the factory stall and they also use it on the 6l90 so it's pretty stout.

I like sound of that.. Like $300 cheaper that can go towards my 9.5" Turetrac

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo