07Burb’s 2013 LTZ Burb Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So did a few minor things on the ol’ girl today. Replaced the passenger side exterior door handles with some OEM units as the old ones were wonky/broken.

Also decided to throw a new battery in it as the old one was a two year battery and a few past it’s projected life so rather than chance it I just replaced it. Don’t need my wife getting stranded if I can avoid it and batteries sometimes go out without much warning.

While replacing the battery my inner @Fosscore was coming out and I noticed some corroded bolt heads that need some refreshing. So when I returned the battery core I picked up some silver paint to do that the next time it’s above 50*

928C97FF-C8AE-4AF2-9652-9DE27C55D37E.jpeg 864F0A37-EAFE-4487-83AE-AD41934EC423.jpeg

every time I touch this thing I seem to have a WWFD (what would Fosscore do) moment :lol:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So did a few minor things on the ol’ girl today. Replaced the passenger side exterior door handles with some OEM units as the old ones were wonky/broken.

Also decided to throw a new battery in it as the old one was a two year battery and a few past it’s projected life so rather than chance it I just replaced it. Don’t need my wife getting stranded if I can avoid it and batteries sometimes go out without much warning.

While replacing the battery my inner @Fosscore was coming out and I noticed some corroded bolt heads that need some refreshing. So when I returned the battery core I picked up some silver paint to do that the next time it’s above 50*

View attachment 264750 View attachment 264751

every time I touch this thing I seem to have a WWFD (what would Fosscore do) moment :lol:
Odd that...

[emoji23][emoji1787]

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 264750 View attachment 264751

im proud of you

the "rusty" hardware annoys me.... i hit it with wire wheel or brush and it takes the rust off but still looks like junk. thought about getting one of those small sonic cleaners and see what it do. but painting it is prob the answer

Last edited:
OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im proud of you

the "rusty" hardware annoys me.... i hit it with wire wheel or brush and it takes the rust off but still looks like junk. thought about getting one of those small sonic cleaners and see what it do. but painting it is prob the answer
We’ll see. Seemed like the only logical solution that has a chance at lasting more than a few months. :)

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
F you and your ‘non-rust’ stuff....

im proud of you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts