07+ Brake upgrade on a 00-06 NBS, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They pricey? I'm always on a budget. Would you get the nbs or nnbs lines? Since I have an 03 and the brakes are 07.
I bought lines for my '02 (NBS) when I did my NNBS GMT900 front upgrade. Goodridge 14175; they were about $130 for the complete front and rear set. Fronts are a lot cheaper if you just want to do those. Russell are a bit less expensive, about $110 for the complete set. I think just fronts are $45 or so. The rears consist of either 3 or 4 lines depending on if you have active assist. (There's a line in the center on all the rear on top of the diff that's a ***** to get to; I didn't get around to changing this on mine since I couldn't get to it, and I'm not sure where the active assist one goes, probably in the same area but my truck doesn't have that.)

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Any progress on this @ScottyBoy ?
I checked my local salvage yard and found tons of brake set ups since there's more nnbs than nbs trucks now days.
My plan is to find a good used front set there for dirt cheap, have them turned and just buy pads and fluid. And I guess ss lines since everyone swears by them.

SBK RACER

Reaction score
SS Brake lines give you better feel, I do not know how important that may be on a car... On a motorcycle absolutely, you have one brake per tire so it's nice to feel differences of asphalt grip at the lever... But on a car, there is one pedal on 4 tires, and most cars have ABS.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Yea better response right? can always use that to upgrade the human brain response time lol.
I also ride and know how huge a brake upgrade is, seriously night and day. But like you said less components and just a tad smaller lol.

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any progress on this @ScottyBoy ?
I checked my local salvage yard and found tons of brake set ups since there's more nnbs than nbs trucks now days.
My plan is to find a good used front set there for dirt cheap, have them turned and just buy pads and fluid. And I guess ss lines since everyone swears by them.

No, I'm broke as hell right now so I haven't done a damn thing to my truck since I replaced the fuel pump a few months ago. If you can get those NNBS calipers and brackets cheap enough, I might have you grab me a set on the next month or two. I plan on going with the Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors again, those are roughly $100 or so, almost the same as stock rotors honestly. And I think I will go with Wagner pads again. But I need to save up the money for those parts, and some SS brake lines. It will probably Feb before I get to it. But srsly, hit me up here or on Facebook if you get a price on those. Them calipers might fit into a medium flat rate box.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I'm not currently on fb anymore, I can't handle the stupidity of all the know-it-alls on there and all the hurt feelings of everyone now days.:favorites68:
Plus I was always trolling and I'll admit I started to go a little too far with some things.:alone:

And actually I was gonna wait till spring. I would have to pull them in the yard myself and I'm not crawling in the snow lol. Next time I go there for a small part I'll get a quote.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts