07+ Brake upgrade on a 00-06 NBS, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally worth it. I still need to get my braided steel lines put on in the rear.

I have front and rear braided lines (center lines still original though). I did a fluid flush when I did the rears. The improvement is there for sure, but its subtle.

I have hydroboost too. Can't wait to get my NNBS fronts on and get a decent pad on em. Hopefully this summer.

Honestly my braking currently is pretty darned good on this pig, but the front brakes just look silly small on a 20" rim, and initial bite isn't great, but I attribute that to lame pads.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The drilled and slotted rotors on my truck work great. Back in 2010, I've gone from stock rotors to the drilled and slotted and that alone was a huge upgrade. Then a few months back I replaced them yet again and swapped the stock size drilled and slotted for the 07 drilled and slotted which was another improvement. Not as big as an improvement as I was hoping for,a but it was definitely a noticeable difference. And I don't have hydroboost. I've considered rounding up all the parts and doing the hydroboost upgrade, but at the moment I am pretty satisfied with the way my truck stops so it's not a priority.
Hello, I was just wondering if you could please take a few quick moments to help the people who come here looking for honest non biased
answers and reviews about a product, set up, or with questions about how something works or how to do it and tell us in a little more detail on how swapping the stock rotors (no holes or slots) for a set of drilled and slotted rotors was a huge upgrade.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9