07/08 vs 09/14 exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha gotcha
Yes, technology certainly has come a long way, especially with photography.

You and me both lol

I agree
I didn't even consider a Denali or Escalade. I'll do a little searching for them tonight.
Thanks
2010 6.2s used a 3.5" exhaust with the 3rd cat. The earlier 6.2s were of a smaller diameter and different connection and used only 2 cats.

I did a lot of lookin' on Walker Dynomax's website and Magnaflow's. Reason being, someday I'd like to put a 6.2 in my truck and they use a much larger exhaust system than the 2.75" pipes of the 5.3s. Same exhaust manifolds though.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 6.2s used a 3.5" exhaust with the 3rd cat. The earlier 6.2s were of a smaller diameter and different connection and used only 2 cats.

I did a lot of lookin' on Walker Dynomax's website and Magnaflow's. Reason being, someday I'd like to put a 6.2 in my truck and they use a much larger exhaust system than the 2.75" pipes of the 5.3s. Same exhaust manifolds though.

I ended up finding a 6.2 Escalade Y-pipe (it's pricey @ $1199 but it's the only one I could find) last night and wow what a difference, it is dramatically larger than the 5.3. I really don't think I'll be buying it though haha.

Like you that is my future plans for mine as well. In the meantime I was going to be making a 3" system instead of a 2.75". I have an unlimited amount of 3" and I don't think going up to 3" will make that much of a difference besides the sound. I'm not looking to gain anything I'm doing it for the sound :)

If I did buy it, it would give me the benefit of making all available sizes for our model GMT900 SUVs. Between the base models like mine to the Denali and lastly the Escalade with its beef of an exhaust. I think they vary from 2.75 base model to 3" Denali and 3.5" for the Escalade.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ended up finding a 6.2 Escalade Y-pipe (it's pricey @ $1199 but it's the only one I could find) last night and wow what a difference, it is dramatically larger than the 5.3. I really don't think I'll be buying it though haha.

Like you that is my future plans for mine as well. In the meantime I was going to be making a 3" system instead of a 2.75". I have an unlimited amount of 3" and I don't think going up to 3" will make that much of a difference besides the sound. I'm not looking to gain anything I'm doing it for the sound :)

If I did buy it, it would give me the benefit of making all available sizes for our model GMT900 SUVs. Between the base models like mine to the Denali and lastly the Escalade with its beef of an exhaust. I think they vary from 2.75 base model to 3" Denali and 3.5" for the Escalade.
my 12 denali has 3.5" or more in some spots it's even bigger (L94), I don't think there is any difference in regard to denali/escalade as they both use a L92 or L94 depending on the year
I guess there could be a difference on the esky's that utilize the dual rear out option
it's also maybe a possibility of a difference between the 2wd or awd denali's, not sure haven't ever looked

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What is the process to do get his ticket punched?
@07Burb what do I do?

If he's a registered user send a PM to a mod with his user name, with a short explanation of what he's doing. If he actually posted something it would be good to see one of those, but he likely PM'd you.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Between the base models like mine to the Denali and lastly the Escalade with its beef of an exhaust. I think they vary from 2.75 base model to 3" Denali and 3.5" for the Escalade.

my 12 denali has 3.5" or more in some spots it's even bigger (L94), I don't think there is any difference in regard to denali/escalade as they both use a L92 or L94 depending on the year
I guess there could be a difference on the esky's that utilize the dual rear out option
it's also maybe a possibility of a difference between the 2wd or awd denali's, not sure haven't ever looked

It was a model year change for the 6.2s, 2011 introduced the newer setup:

You can also see the differences on Walker's website. The 51578 listed above is the one I'm running with the 5.3 since 2018.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's a good point, I wonder if there is a difference between 2wd and awd? I can contact the seller of the Escalade Y pipe and see if they have any info.
Appreciate the info my friend.

My 09 Tahoe L9H had 3.5" exhaust from the factory. It also had 2 cats, and didn't have the 3rd one.

That's good to know, I had no idea Tahoe had that option.

If he's a registered user send a PM to a mod with his user name, with a short explanation of what he's doing. If he actually posted something it would be good to see one of those, but he likely PM'd you.

All of them PMed me.
Whiteben185 he started a PM then deleted it.
Job878 he also started a PM gave me Raymonds info below then deleted it.
peteriley = peteriley3839@gmail he was still emailing me yesterday but has since stopped.
Not sure if this guys is a member but one of the "member" gave me this info stevenraymond75@gmail Raymond Steven, this is the guy who sent me all those ridiculous pictures and never answered my questions.

It was a model year change for the 6.2s, 2011 introduced the newer setup:

You can also see the differences on Walker's website. The 51578 listed above is the one I'm running with the 5.3 since 2018.

Thanks for the info

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
All of them PMed me.
Whiteben185 he started a PM then deleted it.
Job878 he also started a PM gave me Raymonds info below then deleted it.
peteriley = peteriley3839@gmail he was still emailing me yesterday but has since stopped.
Not sure if this guys is a member but one of the "member" gave me this info stevenraymond75@gmail Raymond Steven, this is the guy who sent me all those ridiculous pictures and never answered my questions.

The third one you listed ("pet...") is the only one I see as a member now, but I may have missed others, having guessed at usernames in case they're different from what you wrote. If you get any other posts, or PM-s, you can click on the Report link at the bottom left of the post or PM, add your comment, and one of the mods will look at it.

Hopefully they're done with the shenanigans.

Edit: so "P-M-s" (without the hyphens) is prohibited. Wish it were in real life. :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The third one you listed ("pet...") is the only one I see as a member now, but I may have missed others, having guessed at usernames in case they're different from what you wrote. If you get any other posts, or ***, you can click on the Report link at the bottom left of the post or PM, add your comment, and one of the mods will look at it.

Hopefully they're done with the shenanigans.
I appreciate the info, hopefully they're done and I won't hear from anymore of them.
If not I will most certainly report.
Thank You for info and help

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, exactly that. But I don't think he has any posts at all.
And to top it off he wants me to send him $$$$ through PP F&F to his "secretaries" e-mail.
This guys a damn comedian that's for sure.

That is why I think I'm done with this search. All I'm getting spammed.
I'll search through eBay and my local pick-n-pulls

You've wasted enough effort just corresponding with him. Those parts for sale don't exist in this context.