07/08 vs 09/14 exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started a WTB thread for a catted Y-pipe for my 07. I have had a few people reach out to me, but they had 09+ models.

I did end up finding one for an 07 but thought if I could build a 09+ then if anyone was interested, I could use one jig/fixture.
Also, once mine is off I could adjust it accordingly.

I think the most obvious is the O2 location, I don't think 07/08 models have the O2s in the cats themselves, I believe they are behind the cat.
(When I get home I'll go get some pictures.)

Does anyone have any info in regard to this?

Any info is much appreciated
Thanks

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I have found so far. 07 is on the left and 09 on the right.

5 things I notice

1. O2 locations
2. extra hangers on the 09 in the center section
3. 09 has a 90 degree bend into the center section and the 07 has a 45 degree. Must be for clearance.
4. not sure what flanges are used on the 09+ looks like 2 bolt, I'm pretty sure the 07 has a 3 bolt at the manifolds.
5. where the two merge is definitely

I'm going to get analysis paralysis from over thinking this.

Attachments

• 07 y-pipe.jpg
    07 y-pipe.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 15
  • 09 Y-pipe.jpg
    09 Y-pipe.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 16

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

5 things I notice

1. O2 locations
3. 09 has a 90 degree bend into the center section and the 07 has a 45 degree. Must be for clearance.
4. not sure what flanges are used on the 09+ looks like 2 bolt, I'm pretty sure the 07 has a 3 bolt at the manifolds.

My Y-pipe looked nothing like that one on the right. No O2 sensors in the cats, the angles look wrong for an LS in our trucks too.

@badandyturbo has a picture of his cats in the background on a photo. He's not on the forum anymore but the posts... Lemme look...

Here you go, there's a pic of a stock 6-speed Y-pipe in here:

1686186458770.png

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

5 things I notice

1. O2 locations

I've never seen a Y-pipe like that "09" one. The one James posted looks familiar. Mine from my '08 definitely matches the "07" pic. My bud's '09 is almost identical but has that third cat and ball flange.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Y-pipe looked nothing like that one on the right. No O2 sensors in the cats, the angles look wrong for an LS in our trucks too.

@badandyturbo has a picture of his cats in the background on a photo. He's not on the forum anymore but the posts... Lemme look...

Here you go, there's a pic of a stock 6-speed Y-pipe in here:

View attachment 401360

I've never seen a Y-pipe like that "09" one. The one James posted looks familiar. Mine from my '08 definitely matches the "07" pic. My bud's '09 is almost identical but has that third cat and ball flange.

I'm glad I posted this. Thank you for popping in, I certainly do appreciate it.

Looking at badandyturbo the 09 I posted looks nothing like it.

Man I can't thank you guys enough for sharing this. I even commented in his install thread haha.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I posted this. Thank you for popping in, I certainly do appreciate it.

Looking at badandyturbo the 09 I posted looks nothing like it.

Man I can't thank you guys enough for sharing this. I even commented in his install thread haha.

I actually considered using mine to make a jig to make a catless Y-pipe to fit OE manifolds. At least, I think that's what I was gonna do with it. I cut it into three pieces to remove it since I was gonna scrap the cats.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually considered using mine to make a jig to make a catless Y-pipe to fit OE manifolds. At least, I think that's what I was gonna do with it. I cut it into three pieces to remove it since I was gonna scrap the cats.
That's pretty much what I'll be doing but, since it's my primary vehicle I'm trying to avoid any down time.
And make a nice option for anyone who wants new SS tig welded catted or cat-less y-pipe.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another 09 + supposedly unless I'm loosing my mind, looks like the same exact one as above but a different angle. No idea what it is off of though.
He sent another one but it was a clamp together 07/08 model.

Looks like I'll be pulling mine off and going from there.

Attachments

• 09 Y-pipe -2.jpg
    09 Y-pipe -2.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 7

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another 09 + supposedly unless I'm loosing my mind, looks like the same exact one as above but a different angle. No idea what it is off of though.
He sent another one but it was a clamp together 07/08 model.

Looks like I'll be pulling mine off and going from there.
Never in my life have I seen O2 sensors inside the cats. There is no way that's a GMT900 truck with a gas motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons