07/08 vs 09/14 exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never in my life have I seen O2 sensors inside the cats. There is no way that's a GMT900 truck with a gas motor.

This.

That's some import car stuff.
I expressed the same feelings to him, said I have idea what they are from.

He never once has answered my question. What did they come off of? Instead he sends me random pictures of y pipes and says ---->> "I can assure you this my own will definitely work for it. Check it very will."

And then he sent me this one. Now this one is looking a little closer but it not what I'm asking for.
I think he had it listed in a picture that they are 1500 or something.

Attachments

• 07-09 y-pipe.jpg
    07-09 y-pipe.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 6

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

He never once has answered my question. What did they come off of? Instead he sends me random pictures of y pipes and says ---->> "I can assure you this my own will definitely work for it. Check it very will."

And then he sent me this one. Now this one is looking a little closer but it not what I'm asking for.

Who is "he"? A recent TYF member with almost no post count that wants you to email him or "his friend that has what you are looking for"?

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who is "he"? A recent TYF member with almost no post count that wants you to email him or "his friend that has what you are looking for"?
Yes, exactly that. But I don't think he has any posts at all.
And to top it off he wants me to send him $$$$ through PP F&F to his "secretaries" e-mail.
This guys a damn comedian that's for sure.

That is why I think I'm done with this search. All I'm getting spammed.
I'll search through eBay and my local pick-n-pulls

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, exactly that. But I don't think he has any posts at all.
And to top it off he wants me to send him $$$$ through PP F&F to his "secretaries" e-mail.
This guys a damn comedian that's for sure.

That is why I think I'm done with this search. All I'm getting spammed.
I'll search through eBay and my local pick-n-pulls

Clear as day you are being scammed. Report that member. I just went through this last week when I posted in the wanted section here. Brand new member, no posts PMing me. @07Burb punched his ticket for me.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

He's dishonest at best.

That last one is either from a 6.0 2500 or an 6.0 GMT800 1500 series. The photo looks like it was taken with a Sony Mavica! You know they want to hide something when they can't bother to send high resolution photos.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
at best it could off a hybrid or something.
I wouldn't mind finding a used 12 6.2l y pipe with oe cat's in cali you can't buy a used cat, not sure if that's a nationwide rule or not
are you guys outside california allowed to purchase used cat's? even if I did find one no shop here will weld it on. would have to be a complete y pipe
stupid numbers have to match for CARB or it is a automatic fail.

Last edited:
OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clear as day you are being scammed. Report that member. I just went through this last week when I posted in the wanted section here. Brand new member, no posts PMing me. @07Burb punched his ticket for me.

I'll be honest, he had me for a minute. It didn't take long to figure it out. I was having fun baiting him with more emails. I'm over it now
What is the process to do get his ticket punched?
@07Burb what do I do?

He's dishonest at best.

That last one is either from a 6.0 2500 or an 6.0 GMT800 1500 series. The photo looks like it was taken with a Sony Mavica! You know they want to hide something when they can't bother to send high resolution photos.

Both are, it was two members.
How the heck can you tell what camera took the picture? I wish my sight was that good haha
Absolutely, between the unclear pictures lack of info and not answering any questions. Bingo bango bungo

at best it could off a hybrid or something.
I wouldn't mind finding a used 12 6.2l y pipe with oe cat's in cali you can't buy a used cat, not sure if that's a nationwide rule or not
are you guys outside california allowed to purchase used cat's? even if I did find one no shop here will weld it on. would have to be a complete y pipe
stupid numbers have to match for CARB or it is a automatic fail.

No info was shared, no idea what any of them came off of. They just didn't want to answer any questions I had.
I can keep my eyes open in NC, they're pretty lackadaisical here. Frankly it's pretty pathetic. Coming from MA I just don't understand some things they do down here with their vehicles and allow it.
We are able to put aftermarket cats on as long as they are in the same factory location. At least last time I checked, I think they changed since then. I know now you can have a CEL light on and still pass. But that was just passed this year. No sniffer, all they do is look at it really and let you go on your way. Went from $29 to $13 too.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another 09 + supposedly unless I'm loosing my mind, looks like the same exact one as above but a different angle. No idea what it is off of though.
He sent another one but it was a clamp together 07/08 model.

Looks like I'll be pulling mine off and going from there.
Gm doesn't use the cheesy hear guards that are on the pic either. Pass on this shit and find someone parting put a Denali or escalade.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How the heck can you tell what camera took the picture? I wish my sight was that good haha
Absolutely, between the unclear pictures lack of info and not answering any questions.
The Mavica was the first digital camera and it used a 3.5" floppy disc to store photos. It actually took better pictures but I was just using it as a figure of speech. With today's cameras, you have to intentionally degrade them to post photos like that.

Glad they're out of here.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Mavica was the first digital camera and it used a 3.5" floppy disc to store photos. It actually took better pictures but I was just using it as a figure of speech. With today's cameras, you have to intentionally degrade them to post photos like that.

Glad they're out of here.
Haha gotcha
Yes, technology certainly has come a long way, especially with photography.

You and me both lol
Gm doesn't use the cheesy hear guards that are on the pic either. Pass on this shit and find someone parting put a Denali or escalade.
I agree
I didn't even consider a Denali or Escalade. I'll do a little searching for them tonight.
Thanks