05Single's virgin build thread. 03 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m still laid off , my neighbor kept bugging my to detail her truck (for years) and I finally caved...but I still charged her full price lol. People ask me why I charge so much, well because I take stuff apart to clean it. I never clean “around” stuff if possible. So there’s a little mechanic fee in there lol.
Btw I hate this color interiorView attachment 252700View attachment 252701View attachment 252702View attachment 252704View attachment 252705
I had my own detail shop for 3 years and this is what I did when the customer asked for a full detail. Believe me they paid for it but when they got it back is was better than the day they bought it. You need to get into buffing headlights. Here in the south they are oxidized bad. Nothing to get $60-$100 a pair for an hours work to make them look new again.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I hate tan interior too it always gets dirty so fast! You did a dang good job making it look new! Whats your typical detailing fee?
Thanks. Well I cut her a deal . I usually charge 500 inside and out. 250 interior and 250 exterior. I charged her 150. Then 200. Then 100 more because f**k that color lol. 300 interior , but she knew it was worth it.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Had a Denali with that color interior and hated it. You got it looking rather spiffy.

What's the story on the neighbors truck? Any better shots of that?
View attachment 252720
He wants me to detail that . Of course I had about 6 or 7 neighbors come up to me while I’m detailing in my driveway asking for a detail . They all see my truck , they’ve all asked before. But now they seen me do a truck that’s mine so they were on me like flys on poo. He’s trying to sell it, wish I had room I’d buy it. Old Turkish guy that owns a local Turkish restaurant bought that burb brand new. 1 owner, when his kids were old enough to drive they got it and tore it up. Everything works. Body and interior are pretty rough . But it would be a fun project.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I had my own detail shop for 3 years and this is what I did when the customer asked for a full detail. Believe me they paid for it but when they got it back is was better than the day they bought it. You need to get into buffing headlights. Here in the south they are oxidized bad. Nothing to get $60-$100 a pair for an hours work to make them look new again.
Not even an hours work . Can knock a set out in 20 minutes. I’ve actually never charged anybody for that but I should. Oxidation of headlights is actually very rare up here. You will still see it on cars from the 90s and earlier. But it’s not like you see in Cali where a 3 yr old car has oxidized lenses.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I’m watching my NNBS get rained on and if the lightning bolts were not so intense I would give it a wash right meow.

I want Dave to detail the long body with the cashmere and cocoa interior.
View attachment 252788
Pay for my flight and hotel and I’ll do it for free :Handshake:. Get me out of AK , just 2 days that’s all I ask pleeeeease
:yuno:

Jeri99

Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo