05Single's virgin build thread. 03 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My stock one. But then my board went bad. So I ended up using a donor motherboard. But still same lens and housing.
Oh ok so still a tahoe cluster. Either way the lighting in the cluster looks badass with all the different colors! Your and your lighting!! Haha. Spring detail got her lookin real good! You should have used the jetseal!! That stuff is awesome! I always have a bottle of jetseal on hand! Lol

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
******* awsome, new screen savers. i mean that's ******* awsome man great jobe.
lol thanks bud :beer:

Appreciate it :Handshake:
Oh ok so still a tahoe cluster. Either way the lighting in the cluster looks badass with all the different colors! Your and your lighting!! Haha. Spring detail got her lookin real good! You should have used the jetseal!! That stuff is awesome! I always have a bottle of jetseal on hand! Lol
Yea the faces are all interchangeable on all the trucks. You could put a regular Tahoe face on an Escalade cluster if you wanted. I added the trans temp too. Yea and idk why I’m addicted to lighting, but it’s better than crack :shrug:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol thanks bud :beer:

Appreciate it :Handshake:
Yea the faces are all interchangeable on all the trucks. You could put a regular Tahoe face on an Escalade cluster if you wanted. I added the trans temp too. Yea and idk why I’m addicted to lighting, but it’s better than crack :shrug:
Is being addicted to lighting cheaper than being addicted to crack?! :bleh: Cuz I’m all for that addiction!!! Lol

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave ---- lighting game is on point my man!! All the custom cool ideas are winning interior and exterior.

Buuuuuttt it wouldn't be a fair post if you and I didn't pick on each other just a bit. :p

Had to make a list since I had to go back to April to catch up. Yep been that long since I wasted an hour just enjoying the build thread mods.

Sooooo...here goes...:boxing:

PDR = win.

Battery hold down with a star/Philips head rather than like every other bolt head in the engine bay. grrrrr it's not the same?

Nice work on that HD bumper pad…did you paint the radiator while you had it apart though?

The chrome LTZs look really sweet on that stance. Still one of the best NNBS designs and have such a shine when they spin for an OEM design.

Tail pipe needs work IMHO. I know you have some creative exhaust ideas....o_O The ass end looks so good and limp #$%^ branch out the back..

The grille options look good but the SS mesh still my favorite. Kinda biased you know?

Your detail is super clean, but I'm kinda bummed at the picture below....

either the paint is not slippery enough for those tools to slide off or you are tempting fate by not putting a drop cloth under the DA on the bare paint :eek: and allowed the power cord to drag across the paint leaving microscratches as well. :bawl:

Hey DAVE...? :driver:

Just busting your chops but standing by for your reply...in...5.4.3.2.1.....

BTW the detail on your Tahoe is just amazing for real man. So nice to see this love.
E241C6AE-B054-44E1-82CA-00B3D670317E-1.jpeg

One of your best quotes....

Spending money on our trucks to show off to people that we'll never meet.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
@Fosscore

:popcorn:
1. I assumed the battery hold down came with a new bolt. Why would they sell it without the bolt? Just bad business lol. Eventually I’ll grab one at the junk yard if I remember. Agree, Philips head is not ideal but works for now

2. I touch up the radiator when needed during times that I have the grille off . Didn’t need it this time.

3. Tailpipe - my exhaust tip has been held hostage at the powder coating place for more than a month now. Not happy about it.

4. The ss mesh grille inserts are held hostage at the same place with the exhaust tip. Along with other parts.

5. I left the hood/grille/bumper for last . This paint gets destroyed over a 5-6 month harsh winter as a daily driver. So in that pic the hood had grippy road grime to hold my tools in place lmao. My hood is the worst part out of the whole truck. It’s the only piece that actually needs a new paint job to match the rest of the body. Those light scratches on grille/pad came out after finishing detail.

7. Thanks I love the ltz wheels too. So much that I’ve passed up 24s or bigger just because I feel like these wheels are the most perfect for for this body style Tahoe.

6. you didn’t mention it but I’m currently working on shave ideas for the hatch to be done very soon.

That quote stuck with me since when I got my Silverado and I saw that quote on gmfs members sig back in 09ish

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Fosscore

:popcorn:
1. I assumed the battery hold down came with a new bolt. Why would they sell it without the bolt? Just bad business lol. Eventually I’ll grab one at the junk yard if I remember. Agree, Philips head is not ideal but works for now

2. I touch up the radiator when needed during times that I have the grille off . Didn’t need it this time.

3. Tailpipe - my exhaust tip has been held hostage at the powder coating place for more than a month now. Not happy about it.

4. The ss mesh grille inserts are held hostage at the same place with the exhaust tip.

5. I left the hood/grille/bumper for last . This paint gets destroyed over a 5-6 month harsh winter as a daily driver. So in that pic the hood had grippy road grime to hold my tools in place lmao. My hood is the worst part out of the whole truck. It’s the only piece that actually needs a new paint job to match the rest of the body. Those light scratches on grille/pad came out after finishing detail.

7. Thanks I love the ltz wheels too. So much that I’ve passed up 24s or bigger just because I feel like these wheels are the most perfect for for this body style Tahoe.

6. you didn’t mention it but I’m currently working on shave ideas for the hatch to be done very soon.

That quote stuck with me since when I got my Silverado and I saw that quote on gmfs members sig back in 09ish

Winning DAVE!! Yeah I left the shave for you....lol...never fails to mention. I knew you had answers...just had to chime in. Love the work you do man. Always have and the fact of dealing with Alaska weather as other guys have mentioned is truly amazing.

Look forward to more great mods. It's all in the details. Take it easy man. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Winning DAVE!! Yeah I left the shave for you....lol...never fails to mention. I knew you had answers...just had to chime in. Love the work you do man. Always have and the fact of dealing with Alaska weather as other guys have mentioned is truly amazing.

Look forward to more great mods. It's all in the details. Take it easy man. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Lol that’s why I love this page , always bustin balls in good fun. Feels like we’re virtually all in a garage hanging out drinking a beer and hangin out. Yea it’s tough keeping anything clean up here but it’s manageable if you have the motivation, which 99% up here don’t. You know I’m all about those details just like yourself. You’re was my inspiration to motivate me. Seeing how this body style and similar color can be with possibilities.
I have more mods to come , I’m not done yet

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts