Yukon denali short wheel or xl ....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the Tahoe/Yukon already increasing in length, has anyone who has bought a Suburban/Yukon XL ever said, "Gee! I wish I had a vehicle that was 12 inches shorter."

... or is the opposite more likely... someone who has bought a Tahoe/Yukon and wanted more space.
I can't say I have ever wished I had Suburban instead of my Tahoe. The times I have needed my trailer, I had so much stuff it would not have fit in a Suburban anyways....

Dewally

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would grab the XL if I were to do it over again with my '22 Denali. I like the short wheelbase but the extra room behind the third row would be awesome.

OP
OP
BrokerThis

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Appreciate the insight from everybody. I told my dealer to give me that allocation and send in the order to GM for the XL. Will do whatever paperwork with him tomorrow, then hope for the best of getting a TPW and receiving the rig before summer is done.

Thanks @mountie for those pictures. Makes me feel much more confident with being able to get this rig into the garage space I have available.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all seats folded down in my XL I have more cargo space than the bed of my Silverado.

SuperOldSchool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the insight from everybody. I told my dealer to give me that allocation and send in the order to GM for the XL. Will do whatever paperwork with him tomorrow, then hope for the best of getting a TPW and receiving the rig before summer is done.

Thanks @mountie for those pictures. Makes me feel much more confident with being able to get this rig into the garage space I have available.
Enjoy your new truck!

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Congrats on the new ride! Sure love mine!

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With no kids/pets, me and the wife love the short wheelbase, 4x4, but it's a 2017

U turns are like you're in a luxury Jeep Wrangler, and parking is a breeze. Our 3rd row literally has been "up" twice in 3 years, so plenty of space for us. Just my .02 cents.!

Keg0brew

Reaction score
We went small. Long not an option as a daily driver in the city where 12” is the difference between fitting in our garage or not, and fitting in a parking spot or getting your rear clipped.

When we need more storage space I just throw a $100 hitch mounted cargo rack on the back. Never had a single issue with space, even with 3 kids and a dog on long road trips.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We went small. Long not an option as a daily driver in the city where 12” is the difference between fitting in our garage or not, and fitting in a parking spot or getting your rear clipped.

When we need more storage space I just throw a $100 hitch mounted cargo rack on the back. Never had a single issue with space, even with 3 kids and a dog on long road trips.
I took the rear seats out of my 2010 the day I bought it and have not used them since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts