You might know me from such forums as....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Miata.net, VWVortex and if you are a skier, Skitalk.com. Our company vehicle, the S.S. Pugski is a 08 Yukon XL with a sprite 170K on the odometer. It has been a great work horse but is getting long in tooth and showing her age. We are considering replacing her in the next year or so with this going to pasture with a family member. While we would love the 21 diesel, the $70K pricetag os tough to swollow so a 18-19 for $40K might be the ticket...time will tell. In the meantime I will be lurking to get info to keep ours running for a while...and as long as we can keep costs less than half a new payment it will be worth it.

Backseat base lodging at Squaw Valley.
A0F64DAC-A658-4516-A238-9AA5746F1D68.jpeg

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miata.net, VWVortex and if you are a skier, Skitalk.com. Our company vehicle, the S.S. Pugski is a 08 Yukon XL with a sprite 170K on the odometer. It has been a great work horse but is getting long in tooth and showing her age. We are considering replacing her in the next year or so with this going to pasture with a family member. While we would love the 21 diesel, the $70K pricetag os tough to swollow so a 18-19 for $40K might be the ticket...time will tell. In the meantime I will be lurking to get info to keep ours running for a while...and as long as we can keep costs less than half a new payment it will be worth it.

View attachment 266657
Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 266657
you should have no trouble rolling that thing to 300k or beyond, just keep it maintained

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions. Don't just lurk, participate! :)

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find me a job near the gnar so I can ski everyday. Kthnx.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
We jumped from 02 6MT allroad to 06 Denali XL to 08 Denali XL AWD and finally 09 Escalade Platinum AWD last year.

Selling the 08 Private party last May was a PITA but made the swap to the 09 a $1.5k difference in price. The swap to the 09 got us out of the known 07 & 08 6SP trans 2-3 shift TSB and a the Esky Platinum package provided paint that won’t lose its clear coat and a leather dash immune from cracking.

Essentially the 09 is a good place to wait until the 21 diesels lose some residual and make it to CPO status. $40k is a lot to pay as GM is going to devastate the full size SUV values when Diesel and full EV trucks roll out full speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Philpug

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We jumped from 02 6MT allroad to 06 Denali XL to 08 Denali XL AWD and finally 09 Escalade Platinum AWD last year.
Our other driver is a 17 VW Alltrack, a good complement to the YXL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout