Wireless charging module update, GM part number 84526978 (plug/play harness)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s like 5 threads on this. The new charging module WORKS WITH THE IPHONE 8, X AND ABOVE. I still have one more for sale.

I think most know that. The question is will the XS Max and 8+ and other phablets charge even though they don’t fit totally down in the console of Tahoes and Yukons?

Charging modules don’t make a difference if the phone won’t trigger it anyway because it doesn’t sit flush.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think most know that. The question is will the XS Max and 8+ and other phablets charge even though they don’t fit totally down in the console of Tahoes and Yukons?

Charging modules don’t make a difference if the phone won’t trigger it anyway because it doesn’t sit flush.
I was able to charge an iPhone 7 Plus with an aftermarket cover in my 16 Tahoe by only allowing the right side to contact the mat. If you have the larger cover/mat from a 18 Esky or Sierra, the big boys should fit into the slot.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the kit (module and harness) from Ebay for $99 shipped and finally installed it yesterday and its a night and day difference!

OP
OP
M

MVR 155

Reaction score
You'd have to see if there is a wiring harness or provisions available for the install? I'm not exactly sure how the models not inclusive of wireless charging are wired? You may or would likely need to source a new console lid that has the pad/provisions for wireless charging. My 2015 Denali was already equipped with wireless charging (although it was an inadequate unit/module), swapping the module was basically plug/play.

JMTexasGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All you have to do is remove the tiny magnet inside of the 2016 wireless charging module and it’ll work great! I’ve only tested it with my iPhone X, but it works flawlessly every time now. Here’s a link to a video I uploaded about it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried to install this on an LT that was not equipped from the factory with wireless charging?

I installed one on my 18 LT that came without the wireless charging. There were no provisions for the charger to connect to so I spliced into the 12v lighter in back of the console. It is powered when vehicle is on. Been using it 2 months now and charges my iPhone xs no problem. The charger comes with a cable that has 4 color coded wires ( Violet, Black, Green, Brown). Only the violet and black are used to tap into lighter outlet. The green is for indication on your infotainment screen that your phone is charging and brown is for fault detection. They are not needed/used for our application.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345