Wireless charging module update, GM part number 84526978 (plug/play harness)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The module in the pictures that works for the trucks 2015-2017 is the one that is in the 2018 and up. I got confused when there was another part number showing a 'package' this would lead me to believe that they have included both the module and the harness, both of which I mentioned in my post above this one. This module does need the harness or trimming of the older connector, but its really cheap just to buy the package, or the harness and module, when I bought mine there was no package setup so the only way to buy it was separately. All part numbers which I called out in my post are for the new module and harness and they do work.

Xavier Adames

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The module in the pictures that works for the trucks 2015-2017 is the one that is in the 2018 and up. I got confused when there was another part number showing a 'package' this would lead me to believe that they have included both the module and the harness, both of which I mentioned in my post above this one. This module does need the harness or trimming of the older connector, but its really cheap just to buy the package, or the harness and module, when I bought mine there was no package setup so the only way to buy it was separately. All part numbers which I called out in my post are for the new module and harness and they do work.
Is I have an 18 with no wireless charging can I add this with those parts listed??

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you have the wireless infrastructure all ready in place on your vehicle, ie the wiring that would go to the module and to the radio to display charging, these items would not work. They are only meant to work on vehicles before 18 that had wireless charging but could not charge the apple phones. GM may come out with a proper upgrade for folks without the charging option. This is the way of the future.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Xavier, do a Google search. On one of the truck forums they are buying the charging console lid, running the wire, and then they are able to wireless charge. good luck.

JJB809

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey amigos, my 17Premier came with the wireless charging, had an iphone 8 plus and now a XS Max, which also doesn't charge on top of the pad.
Anyone ordering 2018 parts and having results please let us know.
Thank you
JJB

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey amigos, my 17Premier came with the wireless charging, had an iphone 8 plus and now a XS Max, which also doesn't charge on top of the pad.
Anyone ordering 2018 parts and having results please let us know.
Thank you
JJB
Go to the dealer and look at an Escalade or 18 Sierra. I hear their console lid is supposed to have the larger slot for the plus/max family. If I’m correct, a lid swap could be in order.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
There’s like 5 threads on this. The new charging module WORKS WITH THE IPHONE 8, X AND ABOVE. I still have one more for sale.