Who has supercharged a 6.2 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you will likely not find enough people for a group buy. These trucks are almost all on their second or more owners who generally do just the bare minimum to keep them on the road. Most people wouldn't be willing to spend $6k on needed maintenance and repairs and just trade it in for $80k worth of payments. I would LOVE to supercharge my truck but my choice was to have a car and a truck so I can't go totally all out on either right now. Maybe in a few years.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
If someone is wanting to buy for the group, sign me up. I would say I'll take two, but I don't want to be greedy, one is sufficient. Let me know when your gonna ship it so I can be on the lookout for it.

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why the procharger? The whipple and magnusson develop power at lower rpm. Just trying to understand your goals.
I have one on my expedition and have installed a few on other cars so i am familiar with them. Procharger will give more power at mid and upper RPMs so since after first gear I am above 3000rpms the whole run anyways. My trucks seems to have a lot of torque anyways so with the Procharger, I am hopping not to grenade the trans, transfer-case, or rear end. So i guess my thinking is making a few less torque numbers will help with not breaking things.... Maybe. Im sure i will still find things to break. This buy was also last second. I almost bought a turbo.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one on my expedition and have installed a few on other cars so i am familiar with them. Procharger will give more power at mid and upper RPMs so since after first gear I am above 3000rpms the whole run anyways. My trucks seems to have a lot of torque anyways so with the Procharger, I am hopping not to grenade the trans, transfer-case, or rear end. So i guess my thinking is making a few less torque numbers will help with not breaking things.... Maybe. Im sure i will still find things to break. This buy was also last second. I almost bought a turbo.

depending on your power goals & driving style... driveshaft would be first weak link to look to upgrade

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Is it easier to get decent MPG with the procharger over the magnuson since it's out of boost mostly at low rpms?

The concern I had with the magnuson is my 6.2 is already pretty bad MPG, I'd assume the maggie would make that even worse since it activates boost much easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan