Who has supercharged a 6.2 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it easier to get decent MPG with the procharger over the magnuson since it's out of boost mostly at low rpms?

The concern I had with the magnuson is my 6.2 is already pretty bad MPG, I'd assume the maggie would make that even worse since it activates boost much easier.

yep and they will run much cooler. although mine is intercooled, i will still run meth for the hot summer days

OP
OP
avalonandl

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it easier to get decent MPG with the procharger over the magnuson since it's out of boost mostly at low rpms?

The concern I had with the magnuson is my 6.2 is already pretty bad MPG, I'd assume the maggie would make that even worse since it activates boost much easier.

My Denali gets 13-14 in town and 18 on the highway. I just want more power....

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines around 12 city 16 highway but im headers cam. Its also 29 out.

Reaction score
With a centrifugal blower, The bypass valve should route any extra airflow produced by the blower back into the intake before the blower when the engine has vacuum.

It's usually open, circulating the air, until the engine is at 0 vacuum (full throttle), then closes and makes boost.

If you drive it conservatively it'll not get into boost, or much boost, and not suck down gas.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnusons also have a bypass valve. Can anyone chime in on how their MPG is with their maggies?

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This kit blows the air from the blow off in to the atmosphere. THe BO is on the intercooler and the massair is on the pipe to throttle body. most kits go, intake filter -to mass air- to supercharger- to intercooler- blowoff- to throttlebody. in this case blowoff air would be circulated back to the intake side of the blower making it a closed system. If it didnt go back to the blower then it would think there was a huge vac leak and not run well. My set up is intake filter - to supercharger - to intercooler - to blowoff - to massair - to throttle body. this way the blowoff can be open under vac and blowoff air can go in the atmosphere. I also built my expedition this way.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnusons also have a bypass valve. Can anyone chime in on how their MPG is with their maggies?

i dont have a 6.2, but i have a '15 it has 5.3/maggie(1900) w/ 3.42s ft &rr.
if i can keep my foot out if it, i have seen 22+ mpg on long highway trips btwn 65-70mph.
generally highway is 17-20 w/ normal driving.
typical daily avg, mostly city w/ some highway 12.5 - 17.8
hand calculated.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My edelbrock is a magnuson type SC... My mileage sucks horribly.
But I think it is my tuners lack of effort.
I'm in the middle of learning HP Tuners right now.
I went from 10-12 city / 16-17 hwy to best of 12.5 hwy with cruise control.
My towing milage went from 9 ish to 5... yes, 5... very little range when towing
I gotta get this issue fixed before spring when I start towing the camper again

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can gaurantee its just going onto PE all the time. Probably at 11 to 1 afr 90% of your driving.

Find out if that edelbrock has a bypass. If it doesnt, it may just be in constant boost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094