Who has supercharged a 6.2 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put on the Edelbrock EForce in April on my 2014. Only other mods
to engine itself is Kooks Long Tubes and Kooks Y w. Cats

I did a bunch of maint when I did it and rebuilt the 6L80E with circle D
stuff to hold it
My tune is off still. It runs strong, but now I'm thinking diff cam/lifters/ head work.
It's always a can of worms this power addiction I have

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can afford it, absolutely do it. A cam is great but you get great power across the entire power band with a supercharger. They are so much better suited for heavier vehicles. The Magnuson kit is pretty affordable now as far as supercharger kits go. I've seen plenty of high mileage trucks with the Magnuson that's been on there forever. LSA kits are too expensive now. The LSA's engineering is on the cars it came on, there isn't much engineering behind eBay bracket kits and using a 6 rib belt on an 8 rib pulley... A few years ago when you could get core LSA superchargers for $300-$500 all day long, that savings was worth it. When an LSA kit costs at least $4500, I think it's dumb not to spend $1500 more for the Magnuson.

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A pro-charger unit is more for speed , the higher in the rpm range the more you get out of the unit. I'd rather go for a Maggie or better the Whipple. I had a Whipple on my 2500 Suburban 454 for a long time and it was trouble free. It could pull a house off the foundation but wouldn't pass up a gas station.

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Original owner of my my 2011 Yukon Denali. I’ve done just about betting short of cam and supercharger so it’s time. I used my go fast money on a killer sound quality audio system and lots of fabrication.

It’s time for me to go supercharger and I’d be interested in what type group deals available. I’m also going to finish out my interior as she’s starting to show her age some inside. I’ve always kept it very clean and taken good care of my interior but I’m going to replace carpet and upgrade the headliner and leather interior to something very cool.. just haven’t found what cool is yet

OP
OP
avalonandl

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think a "group buy" sounds interesting but may not be practical. Texas Speed and some other speed shops have sales on occasion.

These SUV's have 5.3 and 6.0/6.2 engines. Some DOD others not.

Basically you have 2 kits: whipple and magnusson. Both are good kits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879