Whats the highest mileage you would go and still buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
And thats why I pay so little attention to KBB.. People say what they book for all the time but I have never had someone tell me what a vehicle I was interested in booked for, and then I actually paid that price lol.

Yeah I know a couple people I've talked to so far have brought up KBB, and a couple people I've offered lower than their 20k for their truck and they acted like I was rediculous even though their truck had over 100k miles on it..

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beemdub, what about the white one you found on Craigslist with 102,000 miles. Did you go look at it. It looked pretty nice and well taken care of.

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Beemdub, what about the white one you found on Craigslist with 102,000 miles. Did you go look at it. It looked pretty nice and well taken care of.

I texted the owner, I didn't go to see it though because I figure it's a waste of Time until I Sell my camaro.. :emotions122:

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks really nice and well taken care of. Privately owned and maintained, big plus. I don't think I would be to concerned about the mileage on this one. Hopefully the price is negotiable.

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Sooo I mean to bid on this tahoe, but I forgot about ebays second confirmation screen..and I missed by a second...what it sold for has enraged me.

hoe_zps6703e27b.jpg

Fink117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i was out looking for a truck the beginning of this year i was looking for a 04 05 Z71 with lower miles. I found a few that were decent looking on web or paper but everytime i called i would ask hows it run and whats the underneath look like. "Oh it runs great and the underside is beautiful." The worst one i saw was an 04 z71 with 66k miles one owner. Inside and outside was great. Two hour drive to go look at it and the bottom was completely rusted/rotted out(the joys of New England). They wanted $14.9 because it was a beautiful low mileage truck. I looked at 5 more trucks that were all in the same boat with more miles and wanted about 13-15k for them.

I got mine with 144k on it. One owner 2007 LT3 with dvd heated seats quad captains power mirrors and lift gate everything I wanted for $12.9 With a better than average underside for New England driving. Every other nnbs truck i looked at that had the options i wanted was in the 18-24k range. So i think i did Ok.

2014-04-12 14.23.42.jpg

I had a 97 hoe that i picked up with 155k for $2k and i sold it at 189k for $500 because mice got in it and ruined the interior. Mechanically it was great just smelt... Really bad.

2014-02-04 13.28.29.jpg

I would go as high as 170k depending on the condition of the truck. Even if the motor went out on the 07 i could replace it myself for 1k and still be ahead of the game. After adding some Engine mods while i throw a new motor in :)

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
When i was out looking for a truck the beginning of this year i was looking for a 04 05 Z71 with lower miles. I found a few that were decent looking on web or paper but everytime i called i would ask hows it run and whats the underneath look like. "Oh it runs great and the underside is beautiful." The worst one i saw was an 04 z71 with 66k miles one owner. Inside and outside was great. Two hour drive to go look at it and the bottom was completely rusted/rotted out(the joys of New England). They wanted $14.9 because it was a beautiful low mileage truck. I looked at 5 more trucks that were all in the same boat with more miles and wanted about 13-15k for them.

I got mine with 144k on it. One owner 2007 LT3 with dvd heated seats quad captains power mirrors and lift gate everything I wanted for $12.9 With a better than average underside for New England driving. Every other nnbs truck i looked at that had the options i wanted was in the 18-24k range. So i think i did Ok.

View attachment 28319

I had a 97 hoe that i picked up with 155k for $2k and i sold it at 189k for $500 because mice got in it and ruined the interior. Mechanically it was great just smelt... Really bad.

View attachment 28320

I would go as high as 170k depending on the condition of the truck. Even if the motor went out on the 07 i could replace it myself for 1k and still be ahead of the game. After adding some Engine mods while i throw a new motor in :)

Nice trucks! Right now I'm pretty pissed because I have a guy holding an 07 yukon denali for me with 90k miles, I already have the loan preapproved for it I just can't sell my camaro quick enough thats the only thing in my way :wtf:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n