Whats the highest mileage you would go and still buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Well for those of you who don't know (which I assume none do because I never said anything on here haha) But I sold my Tahoe about 7 months not because I wanted to but lets just say it had some unknown problems that prevented me from wanting to keep it any longer. So anyways I traded it in for a pretty good deal on a 2010 camaro rs. While I love the camaro, I'm not thrilled about having it as a DD and especially a winter driver. So instead of battle it through I'd like to sell it and get another tahoe or yukon :D I'm hoping to find one in the 16k 17k range with around 70-80k miles, but of course many I'm seeing are about 16k to 17k with 100k> miles . I know its the maintenence and condition of the truck that are important, but what would be the highest mileage you guys would go when purchasing one of these trucks. Also I'm seeing quite a bit of denalis at that price point. Should anything besides a few mpgs stear me away from getting the 6.2l?

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought an OBS with 163k on the original drivetrain last year. It was well cared for and hauled my camper for 5,600 miles this summer.

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read the high mileage threads on here.

150k was my highest mileage for buying.

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
I tend to stop buying after 100K miles.

Yeah thats kind of what my cutoff is too I don't want anything over 100k unless its still under 110k and in excellent condition...I can't afford to have this truck break down after 10k miles

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always try to buy a certified car. They do it sometimes as high as 50k+

Its NOT fun to buy a car and then have to do repairs on it.

Some stealers actually known of a problem and don't fix it. They expect you to buy a warranty and if you don't tough luck

So this means you will have to re-buy all the mods you sold? Hahahhaa

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
I always try to buy a certified car. They do it sometimes as high as 50k+

Its NOT fun to buy a car and then have to do repairs on it.

Some stealers actually known of a problem and don't fix it. They expect you to buy a warranty and if you don't tough luck

So this means you will have to re-buy all the mods you sold? Hahahhaa

Yea I'm pretty sure I can keep a tahoe or yukon under 50k for $17k in my dreams :roflbow: But yeah I'll definitely have some mods to rebuy haha luckily I was able to keep a lot, I kept my hid kit, weathertechs, tinted tails, and rockford sound processor so I'll have a little bit to work with...Now just the hard part which is selling the camaro and finding a truck to get into to..

Last edited:

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any used vehicle will need repairs here an there . Unless you get something crazy low 30k or below .

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
if only I was in Connecticut ....

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...t=[CHEV[TAHOE[]][]]&listingId=370588258&Log=0

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Any used vehicle will need repairs here an there . Unless you get something crazy low 30k or below .

True... small repairs here and there are expected..I just don't wanna be stuck with a truck and then something catastrophic happens such as the tranny or any other major part blow out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65