whats the best aftermarket nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
im eying the apline ina 900bt. Rosen also makes a unit that similar to oem. But Like Blue said, wait until CES to see whats new out this year

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
what set up do you-johnson and you- modded run?

PICS PLEASE

I don't have one (I have a Pioneer 4200DVD) but my friend has the Kenwood model that was right before the 9960 and its real nice, so I know the new one has to be better. The main thing that makes the Kenwoods good is the Garmin nav like mentioned above, they are superior to any other nav software. The Pioneer software I have heard is pretty lacking.
I am also waiting for CES, then I will decide between the models that will replace the Z120BT and the DNX9960, and the only reason why I even compare the two of those is because the I like the Pioneer user interface better than the Kenwoods, but Kenwood may pull a change in interface ths year.
Lastly Alpine makes good screens and all, but their user interaface and face plate designs are outdated, plus when you add the accessories for the Pioneer INA series to make it equal to the similar Kenwood and Pioneer models, the Alpine stuff comes out to be too expensive.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

im eying the apline ina 900bt. Rosen also makes a unit that similar to oem. But Like Blue said, wait until CES to see whats new out this year

BTW all those OE replica navigation systems are trash!

BabyHuey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put my apline w505 in last night, like modded and others said, garmin nav for kenwood is hands down the best navigation software of any double din. The 505 is a little older of a unit, but is probably the best double din alpine ever made.

The thing with alpine is that you have to pay for every little thing. The new alpine is nice because it has everything built in, but it isnt quite as good looking UI wise or appearance wise as teh 505. I personnaly dont really care about navigation, but i wanted bluetooth so i bought that piece for about 100, then 20 for the cable to let it hook up to the 505 since its an older unit.

And yes, OE replica is always trash

Ill try to get pics added to my thread i jsut started about my install

timjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of now I just have the factory Navi. I am not sure what I am going to get until I get back from this deployment. I want to see what's comming out in 2012. No need to upgrade if I am not driving it.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Z130 is out. Nav part of it still sucks. Pioneer is STILL -extremely- behind and Kenwood is STILL the superior nav screen. The UI and external hardware of the pioneer AVIC Z110/Z120/Z130 are identical (except 130 has HD radio internal vs having to buy external add on) and only has dif software. If you are looking for a GOOD nav, then the Kenwood is def the way to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliCamarillo