Best place for instrument Cluster repair?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baddad1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you all for your responses

I’ve narrowed it down between
https://www.gmgaugerepair.com/product/2003-to-2006-chevy-tahoe-complete-cluster-rebuild/ and Circuit Board Medics

Anybody use gm gauge repair?

Also is the transmission gauge worth getting?

And what LED color do you guys prefer and why?

I guess I’m still debating on keeping the truck or else the trans gauge would probably be a no brainer for me
I've heard very good ratings with GM Guage repair. About to send mine to them.

NELLY1947

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the 04 Tahoe Z71

I’ve had a parasitic draw for a while and now being diagnosed that it’s coming from the instrument cluster.

Everything functions on the cluster aside from the PRNDL being illuminated

I’m in Michigan.

Anybody have a recommendation to rebuild locally in Michigan or the best place to send it into? Also from my understanding if I’m using my original cluster then I do not have to have it reprogrammed if I send it in?

Thanks
If really stuck I have someone in Montreal.

Burban22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used this guy to repair 3 clusters.

Digital-Speedometer on ebay

Aka
David Ruberg
Speedometer Repair Guy
123 W SARNIA ST
WINONA MN 55987-3343
1-507-429-4489

2 of them were quick turnaround. They just needed the standard rebuild, new leds, new stepper motors, solider reflow. He also Restores backlight to the VFD PRND321 display and Driver Information Center DIC.

Happy with this 1-2 business day turnaround once he receives it. These were $75 ea + shipping.

I had a bad experience when trying to get trans temp gauge added to a standard cluster. He had the cluster for several weeks and said he had issues getting a quality oem overlay, then problems getting the cluster to recognize the trans temp gauge. In the end this cluster cost me $175 + shipping.

Overall I’d still recommend him it’s a family business. But call and talk to him if you need to add trans temp. If you are just doing a standard rebuild/ repair, he’s great for that.

Last edited:

spade77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used Dr. Speedometer (Fred Burge) to repair both the language scrolling issue on my instrument cluster as well as replacing the bulbs on the HVAC controls. He did an awesome job, reasonably priced, and came with a lifetime warranty. And I really wish I had added the transmission temperature gauge for $80. (Maybe when I'm on vacation later this year with my wife and my Miata I'll send it off for that...)

As for colors, they'll do LEDs and all sorts of upgrades. I prefer keeping mine stock, though.

OP
OP
Michigan

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard very good ratings with GM Guage repair. About to send mine to them.
I was getting ready to send mine in to them but unfortunately they are getting ready to go out of town till March 24th I believe it was.

I sent it off to automotive circuit solutions today. Kind of found them last minute and they had the best price and good reviews. I usually don’t cheap out when it comes to car maintenance but this car cost me a ton trying to track down this battery drain problem and killed about 4 new batteries.

Don’t think I mentioned that the shop I just got it out of tried charging me 900 to rebuild the cluster. He said he had to send it out as no place in Michigan does them. What a joke

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts