Best place for instrument Cluster repair?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 04 Tahoe Z71

I’ve had a parasitic draw for a while and now being diagnosed that it’s coming from the instrument cluster.

Everything functions on the cluster aside from the PRNDL being illuminated

I’m in Michigan.

Anybody have a recommendation to rebuild locally in Michigan or the best place to send it into? Also from my understanding if I’m using my original cluster then I do not have to have it reprogrammed if I send it in?

Thanks

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to send my 04 Suburban cluster to United Radio for the same issue.

I called them and they said $200-$300. They sent me shipping label. They'd call me once they look at it.

Correct, no reprogramming.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Son's Silverado cluster started messing up,finally most of the gauges and readouts quit, most lights were out. Sent the cluster to a place called Circuit Board Medics in SC. Full rebuild and new lighting. $180 and 20 shipping both ways. That was last year, still working fine.

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used Circuit Board Medics in the past for a Mustang and they were very quick with the turnaround (I had my cluster fixed not replaced) and for what I thought was a fair price...they appear to be on sale right now...

good luck with your choice

Bill

OP
OP
Michigan

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$80 to add the transmission temperature gauge? Yes, definitely worth adding that!

In my opinion, all full-sized trucks should have come with that from the factory, especially since the ECU uses that data and it's part of the system already (the temperature sender is in the transmission internal wiring harness.)

Color is a personal choice. On my 99 Silverado I upgraded to the transmission temperature gauge cluster and got the odometer reprogrammed by a local guy. He did the LED upgrade conversion. I chose white, but that white has a slight green hue.

On my 06 Suburban I did the LED upgrade myself from a eBay kit. I also selected white, but that one has a slight blue-ish hue. Very slight. Like, my wife can't tell one from the other, LOL.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
$80 to add the transmission temperature gauge? Yes, definitely worth adding that!

In my opinion, all full-sized trucks should have come with that from the factory, especially since the ECU uses that data and it's part of the system already (the temperature sender is in the transmission internal wiring harness.)

Color is a personal choice. On my 99 Silverado I upgraded to the transmission temperature gauge cluster and got the odometer reprogrammed by a local guy. He did the LED upgrade conversion. I chose white, but that white has a slight green hue.

On my 06 Suburban I did the LED upgrade myself from a eBay kit. I also selected white, but that one has a slight blue-ish hue. Very slight. Like, my wife can't tell one from the other, LOL.

^^ x2 ^^

IMHO it's absolutely worth it to add the tranny temp gauge, and a perfect time to have it done. I do some light towing and it's great to have the baseline temps and the temps during towing.

I had white LEDs put in mine and don't see any difference between them and the OE incandescent bulbs. My old eyes can't handle the colors. Colors other than the white are difficult to focus on and look fuzzy/blurry. YMMV

Here's mine with the white LEDs right after lighting repair and tranny temp gauge add:

Cluster lighting resized.jpg

findog78

Reaction score
I have the 04 Tahoe Z71

I’ve had a parasitic draw for a while and now being diagnosed that it’s coming from the instrument cluster.

Everything functions on the cluster aside from the PRNDL being illuminated

I’m in Michigan.

Anybody have a recommendation to rebuild locally in Michigan or the best place to send it into? Also from my understanding if I’m using my original cluster then I do not have to have it reprogrammed if I send it in?

Thanks
I used https://issautomotive.com/. Had cluster rebuilt, added trans temp, face lift, and chrome trim. Think it was like $450.My gauges.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660