What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I got a roofing nail in my tire, which caused me to have to bleed my master cylinder. :(
Yes, it was a wtf 2 days... about halfway through I was thinking about selling the house and moving to Oregon or wherever @OR VietVet lives so he could put my Suburban back together....

Here is what happened.

Went to lunch with my buds, on the way there I got a low tire warning. Took it to Discount Tire and they pulled out a roofing nail and fixed it with no drama. When I paid, the tech mentioned that my rear pads were worn out and I needed to replace them. No problem, on the way home I bought new pads.
So, I replaced the pads and used a new tool I bought a year or two ago to compress the caliper pistons. If I had used a C clamp like always I may have noticed that one of the pistons was sticking in the bore. I did notice it took a lot of force to move the piston in but, was more focused on the tool.
So then I take off to my sister-in-laws for dinner and halfway there at 70MPH I know one or both rear discs is way over heated.
Next day i check things out and blead the rears to make sure the hose wasn't swollen internally etc, and confirm it is a piston sticking in the bore. So off to the store I go again to buy new rear calipers, DISCS because I cooked one, and new new PADS because I really cooked and glazed the passenger side.
So, I get back home and notice my brake bleed vacuum bottle is full of fluid. How could that be? Well, I left the bleeder cracked open and it gravity drained all the rear brake circuit fluid into the bottle emptying the master cylinder, ABS, etc. DANG!
This is the only pic because my hands were often covered in brake fluid.
I will say though that my pedal is more firm than ever!
IMG_2999 (1).jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I got a roofing nail in my tire, which caused me to have to bleed my master cylinder. :(
Yes, it was a wtf 2 days... about halfway through I was thinking about selling the house and moving to Oregon or wherever @OR VietVet lives so he could put my Suburban back together....

Here is what happened.

Went to lunch with my buds, on the way there I got a low tire warning. Took it to Discount Tire and they pulled out a roofing nail and fixed it with no drama. When I paid, the tech mentioned that my rear pads were worn out and I needed to replace them. No problem, on the way home I bought new pads.
So, I replaced the pads and used a new tool I bought a year or two ago to compress the caliper pistons. If I had used a C clamp like always I may have noticed that one of the pistons was sticking in the bore. I did notice it took a lot of force to move the piston in but, was more focused on the tool.
So then I take off to my sister-in-laws for dinner and halfway there at 70MPH I know one or both rear discs is way over heated.
Next day i check things out and blead the rears to make sure the hose wasn't swollen internally etc, and confirm it is a piston sticking in the bore. So off to the store I go again to buy new rear calipers, DISCS because I cooked one, and new new PADS because I really cooked and glazed the passenger side.
So, I get back home and notice my brake bleed vacuum bottle is full of fluid. How could that be? Well, I left the bleeder cracked open and it gravity drained all the rear brake circuit fluid into the bottle emptying the master cylinder, ABS, etc. DANG!
View attachment 428267
I am 2-3 weeks out but you can likely get moved here by then. Stay away from Eugene, lovingly called Pewgene, and concentrate on outlying areas. We are looking daily for just the right fit and garage.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once in a while, I read about replacing your stock bulb with an LED.....
What is important is to buy an LED design that produces light that reflects inside your housing properly. Not all LED's are designed the same, and the wrong type makes a poor beam.

there was a youtube channel that tested a tons of led drop in bulbs in a holgen projector to see if any of them did what they claimed and output the light at the correct point to keep the projector working. pretty much everything failed. a very high end like 200$ a pair set did pretty good. buy it was still enough to push me to just buying led projectors, and usually the ones without replaceable bulbs. they have better led chip placement, no size restrictions on the chips and better cooling. Haven't had any of the 5 sets I run fail yet. some name brand, some not. where I do have to replace the ballast on my hid bulbs every few years on my other car. so far mishimoto thru the retrofit source has honored the warranty without issue. Just a pic of the issue, and then they ask for a pic of the part damaged so it can't be reused and they send me a new one.

I do think a high end hid drop in bulb works better on a halogen projector than the drop in LED's, but even then someday I'll open these housings and put some proper bi-led projectors in it. I'm just being lazy with the daily haha

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here is what happened.

View attachment 428267

man you went thru it.

I've almost ordered that ratcheting tool more than once.

Runfor5

Reaction score
@Geotrash Question for you! Did you Denso radiator have this crack, stress releif, or whatever it is on it? I am 0/2 currently. The 1st 2 photos below was my initial radiator that came in from RA, and I assumed it was bent and cracked so I returned it for a replacement. Well, replacement came in Friday and it has the same exact "cut" in the same spot. Did yours have this? Is it perhaps a flex stress relief point?

I find it very unlikely I'd have 2 defective products in the same spot in a row lol.

IMG_9076.jpg
IMG_9077.jpg

2nd, replacement radiator received Friday. Note the crack/stress relief/etc. is in the same exact spot:

IMG_9115.jpg
IMG_9114.jpg

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Geotrash Question for you! Did you Denso radiator have this crack, stress releif, or whatever it is on it? I am 0/2 currently. The 1st 2 photos below was my initial radiator that came in from RA, and I assumed it was bent and cracked so I returned it for a replacement. Well, replacement came in Friday and it has the same exact "cut" in the same spot. Did yours have this? Is it perhaps a flex stress relief point?

I find it very unlikely I'd have 2 defective products in the same spot in a row lol.

View attachment 428295
View attachment 428296

2nd, replacement radiator received Friday. Note the crack/stress relief/etc. is in the same exact spot:

View attachment 428297
View attachment 428298
Yup! Normal. It's a thermal expansion joint.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 428295
View attachment 428296

View attachment 428297
View attachment 428298
cut there on purpose, not a crack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skywagon