2013 LTZ turning Nav display completely off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoNamesLeft

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anybody know if the infotainment/navigation screen can be completely turned off so it is blank with no illumination and not showing the chevy bowtie? I couldn't find it in either of the owner's manuals. It is way too bright at night. If the display can't be turned completely off or just the display itself dimmed way down, then a cover mounted with velcro will be the last resort.

Is it possible to disable everything but the radio (ie no nav, no phone stuff, no big brother OnStar, etc.)? I've already accidentally initiated some kind of update or map download.

The center console and the subwoffer need to be out for a few months and now the radio doesn't produce any sound out the speakers. I haven't cracked the manuals on this yet, but maybe someone knows off the top of their head if the signals to the speakers run through the back seat entertainment unit that's in the center console?

Reaction score
I believe there are options to adjust brightness and possibly turn off the display under one of the menu buttons. I can't think of which one off the top of my head right now though, but I know it's there

Reaction score
Just checked on my 2012...

Menu button, choose Display, then Display Off.

It keeps the display off, whether the radio is on or powered off, and doesn't come back on until you press Menu button again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo