What should i do ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pscott

Reaction score
Just bought a new to me 07 suburban 190 tho anything i should do
afm ? bypass oil pump tube oring

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
start at the back and work forward with lubricant changes, diff's/trans/transfer/brakes/power steering/eng coolant. Starting at the back and working forward allows starting simple and getting more involved as you work forward. Do research on this forum prior to each task and you will pick up all the tip's you will need. There are some replacement parts associated with these fluids ie heater T's. i would not throw any parts at it until you get to know the vehicle, if anything is on the brink of failure you want to have the cash ready to fix it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ THIS!!! ^^^

Don't be so quick to switch the motor over to full synthetic unless you know the previous owner used it. We see all too often soon after the change over problems arise as the synthetic oil breaks down and removes sludge build up which then clogs oil galleys and also fouls the AFM system.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont see no problems with some type of afm delete. Through programming or some add on, that seems to be the most lethal issue people in this generation face.

OP
OP
Pscott

Pscott

Reaction score
^^^ THIS!!! ^^^

Don't be so quick to switch the motor over to full synthetic unless you know the previous owner used it. We see all too often soon after the change over problems arise as the synthetic oil breaks down and removes sludge build up which then clogs oil galleys and also fouls the AFM system.
any tips to slowly remove gunk?

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like range afm bypass? then maybe complete delete later

That works. I got a shop to do the delete through programming. It was only like $75 bucks. The bypass is probably similar or more. I dont think this is a feature you will go back to so I would just get it out through programming. Blackbear tune has been strongly recommended and can do that amongst other things but if you just looking for a cheap way to get rid of it, get a shop to delete it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent