Engine noise progress, with videos!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've posted various videos here and but they were in random spots. When I had first gotten the truck it has pretty significant engine noise. Here's some before and after vids along with what I have done along the way.

First, this is a video of when I first got the truck. Fully warmed up to operating temp and having just been driven:

So that's what I was working with. Next step was just ordinary oil change of Mobile Super syntehtic, for 3k miles. This next video was well into the oil change, and isn't sounding TOO bad:

From there I was still getting tick here and there, so the next step was running the GUNK engine flush (it's basically just diesel, lets just behonest here. It's a 4 dollar quart of diesel.) and changing the oil again. I also added the Rislone additive. I was pretty convinced that it was doing less than nothing and was chalked up to 'snake oil' so I changed the oil again w/ SuperTech syntehtic and ran a quart of transfluid with it for about a thousand miles. This following video shows the most promise:

So that's where we are right now. When I took that last video, I did supertech synthetic again, with a half quart of Kreen. Much to my surprise when I had taken that, things were actually running quite well and I had not had much lifter tick in some time. Now, the burb had been at the mechanics for about 3 weeks so I hadn't driven it much in January but I had already bought the kreen so I went forward with it. It's been in the motor for about 600 miles now. I don't notice much of a difference than I experienced in that video, but I also have been listening for lifters and haven't heard them once in quite a while. I was skeptical of the trans fluid idea.....but it seems to have done pretty well. I sort of wish the motor was still noisy so we could see how well the kreen performed. I've checked the oil twice over those 600 miles, and it's a touch dirty. Not jet black like you might hope to see with a motor cleaning agent involved....but I hope that this all means that this motor is good for quite a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts