What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997TahoeFix

Reaction score
Make sure you tighten the balls out of those eye hooks. Then let trailer sit in the sun and let the wood dry out and tighten them again. As the pt wood dries it shrinks and those hooks will loosen up.

Yep, good thought. I've actually been tightening everything from beneath with wrenches, I even took a picture of me doing it to the plywood when installing the floor:

IMG_20200906_111607.jpg

But any idea where I should put the eye hooks? Obviously the best place would be on the floor of the trailer but it's only 8x4, which is the standard size of plywood and drywall sheets. So I don't want stuff to snag on the floor when I slide stuff in. So I was thinking a few inches off the bottom, on the sides? Like here:

Screenshot_20200911-012458.jpg

Just the circular eyes would be showing and it would be tightened from the other side with washers and the nut. If the bolt is too long I'll just cut it with the angle grinder. That way I can slide stuff in the bottom comfortably but still have anchor points near the bottom. What do you think?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, good thought. I've actually been tightening everything from beneath with wrenches, I even took a picture of me doing it to the plywood when installing the floor:

View attachment 257228

But any idea where I should put the eye hooks? Obviously the best place would be on the floor of the trailer but it's only 8x4, which is the standard size of plywood and drywall sheets. So I don't want stuff to snag on the floor when I slide stuff in. So I was thinking a few inches off the bottom, on the sides? Like here:

View attachment 257229

Just the circular eyes would be showing and it would be tightened from the other side with washers and the nut. If the bolt is too long I'll just cut it with the angle grinder. That way I can slide stuff in the bottom comfortably but still have anchor points near the bottom. What do you think?
I think they may be in the way there. I know they were cheap but maybe look into a hook that folds flat? Just my thoughts.1574AF6B-2A57-4A29-8665-09E22F236234.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts