What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevrolado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Straight axle swap

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

So I didnt read anything above this post yet today.. but I came in to read whatever the last post was. I saw this. I then promptly said to myself... "Wait... What did you do to your OBS GMT400 TODAY? Straight Axle swap?? In one day?! Wow.."

Then I read the rest and realized you were just clarifying. hah. And here I thought you were doing work of epic proportions today Don. :laughing1:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Think I blew my 8th wheel bearing today lol I really need to SAS

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

X2 but no broken parts just hate ifs and can't find dana 60s here... might have to settle with a crappy dana 44... really want king pin and will do high steer eitherway. Don its probably easy for yoy to find the parts and it shouldn't be hard just time consuming

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Sas could be done in a day if yoy have proper tools and no setbacks which is never the case. I plan to take my time and do it in a week if everything goes to plan and have all proper tools

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

O and don its solid axle swap not straight axle swap noob

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed it and installed the led reverse bulbs

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i changed the bottom driver leather seat to one in way better shape than mine and stuffed some foam down the

sides of my escalade center console it was rattling with the bose sub thumping.

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got new 265/75/16 cooper ht tires on my chevy 2001-2004 wheels
i got for free my gmc stock wheels looks really bad.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Went out to it yesterday and found two flat left tires. Apparently happened Sunday according to a neighbor the he saw them low early evening. Had roadside come by and put some air in them. They held it so I drove a mile to a used tire shop to get them replaced with other used. Just in case being as how they appear to have physical damage to them in the form or small cuts or minor tread damage on the out edge.

Got the second engine replacement pulley in the mail for the belt tensioner as well as the brake pedal switch.

Knees still in to bad of shape to get out there and get some work done on it so I will try again sunday to get that stuff and headers/cats done. Think I have the flu or something. Achy joints, sneezing, sniffles and stuff.

newbie78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put in a new FPR today and got rid of all my codes p0172, p0175 and p0300 :favorites37:

As you can see in the pic right below the FPR the manifold is spotless clean and everywhere else is dirty. Definitely the FPR is bad when you see it that clean below it.

but... now I think i have a small vacuum leak. I hear a whistle/whine sound that gets real loud but stops when i hit the throttle and comes back when i let off it.

So i gotta recheck things tomorrow. I hope I didn't crack the plenum because I couldnt press it over the fuel spider because of the new gasket. So I put 2 bolts in the plenum and tightened them slowly to press down on the gasket ?I heard a noise but I'm pretty sure it was the gasket squeezing.

Gonna spray carb cleaner around the plenum and other areas and see what happens.

It starts up no problem and no more odor or check engine lights and drives very good!:peace:

Attachments

• IMG_20131008_121524.jpg
    IMG_20131008_121524.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20131008_130758.jpg
    IMG_20131008_130758.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 26

TahoeLimited

Reaction score
Filled the tank for the 2nd time since buying it, allowing me to calculate the MPG. Got 15.11 mpg, which was probably about 60-70% "city" driving (i.e., local, non-freeway runs). I'm pretty happy with that. I'm betting I could get a full 18 mpg if it was all freeway driving.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24