What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that my rear springs are starting to settle in, I am definitely have something bottoming out in the l/r. I'm guessing the sway bar or a shock. Hopefully not the panhard bar.

Only happens on this 1 right hand turn I make that has a man hole you got to drive over.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is amazing how ls main and rod bearings are almost always mint, cam bearings, complete junk.

And the cam bearings get the oil first and are what primarily dictate the oil pressure. With the way the four corner cylinders have a few thousandths difference in PTV clearance, I think it's a geometry thing.

I tell you, years ago I found a picture of some cam bearings from a zero mile crate motor, guy was swapping in a cam before putting it on the hot rod and the bearings had copper showing.

the drag race guys that play with junk yard builds just look the other way haha. if you don't see it, you don't know it's bad and it only has to run for a 1/4 mile haha.

Yup! People that do cam swaps and post pics of copper showing on the lower half of the forward cam bearings and being scared... I'm like "Send it. That Babbitt wore off when they drove that vehicle off the assembly line".

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that my rear springs are starting to settle in, I am definitely have something bottoming out in the l/r. I'm guessing the sway bar or a shock. Hopefully not the panhard bar.

Only happens on this 1 right hand turn I make that has a man hole you got to drive over.

Top of panhard bar mount on the axle hitting the cross member above it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st tahoe