What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldewing

Reaction score
Replaced power steering pump, both pulleys and belts. Pump was a bit of a fight, to get the old pump out of the housing without killing it. Pump alone ....50.00 bucks with housing, 247.00 so time is cheap..

A/C belt was a lesson too, both the A/C and the crank don't move..... Belt "stretches" over pulley, new one on me...

Plugs and wires tonight.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well crap the clear jb weld clear epoxy I used did not bind the leather and wood trim, it did bind to the dash plastic good though
so what has anyone used that worked for the leather/wood trim?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
well crap the clear jb weld clear epoxy I used did not bind the leather and wood trim, it did bind to the dash plastic good though
so what has anyone used that worked for the leather/wood trim?
I think a guy used gorilla glue to bond the 2 together. Double check that tho.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced power steering pump, both pulleys and belts. Pump was a bit of a fight, to get the old pump out of the housing without killing it. Pump alone ....50.00 bucks with housing, 247.00 so time is cheap..

A/C belt was a lesson too, both the A/C and the crank don't move..... Belt "stretches" over pulley, new one on me...

Plugs and wires tonight.

Do plug 7 and 8 first...back passenger side... everything else will be a cakewalk

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Plugs and wires tonight.
When did they change to the stretch belt? I still have a tensioner for the a/c.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably in 2010 when they made some other changes also
which probably means you could just take the tensioner off and switch to a stretch belt or vica-verso for the ones with a stretch belt

FYI the tensioner is cheap and easy to install. I’d recommend most 2010+ owners going this route if they anticipate difficulty with the stretch-to-fit belt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh