What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive

When you say "squirts out" do you mean at the connection point for the high-pressure hose, or out the ends of the rack?
if the seal is bad it will come out right where the steering rod comes out of the rack under/behind the bellows, so when you turn the wheel out fluid comes out
the bellows does not hold any pressure it just helps keep dust & dirt out

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive

When you say "squirts out" do you mean at the connection point for the high-pressure hose, or out the ends of the rack?
In my case, I had a significant leak at the drivers side steering rack bellows because one of the internal seals in the rack was failing. I also had a smaller seep where the pressure line entered the rack.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally changed all the evap parts charcoal canister, purge valve etc
Did your purge valve kit come with instructions and hoses to relocate the purge valve to up by the filler neck from down by the frame?
The kit I purchased when I changed out the purge valve on my sister's 2008 Silverado did.
Purge valve was stuck closed and it would take fuel at a trickle.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did your purge valve kit come with instructions and hoses to relocate the purge valve to up by the filler neck from down by the frame?
The kit I purchased when I changed out the purge valve on my sister's 2008 Silverado did.

FWIW you're thinking of the VENT valve. The purge valve is in the engine compartment.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thought that's where they were always supposed to be? when I changed mine it was dangling down by the frame because the zip tie that was holding up on the fill tube had broke, when I did any of my gmt800's they were attached to the fill tube.
that's why I tell people to just disconnect the fill tube and pull it down to change it out, then shove it back up there and re-attach it. Otherwise your going to be struggling to do it in a crammed up spot, disconecting the fill tube is super easy

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thought that's where they were always supposed to be? when I changed mine it was dangling down by the frame because the zip tie that was holding up on the fill tube had broke, when I did any of my gmt800's they were attached to the fill tube.
that's why I tell people to just disconnect the fill tube and pull it down to change it out, then shove it back up there and re-attach it. Otherwise your going to be struggling to do it in a crammed up spot, disconecting the fill tube is super easy
Hers was down on the frame held on by a nice stamped, metal bracket.
Maybe it is just certain models that have that vent down on the frame or maybe GM decided having it mounted low was an issue so they moved it up as a running change during production?

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to restore headlights when I had my business. I had 2 4oz bottles that I'd mix together--it was the UV protector. That stuff was amazing--but at $45 a bottle--expensive AF.
I tried cleaning ( with the good stuff)... a Honda Civic ...stock headlights had a factory film. Couldn't polish the plastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRSB16