What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I would try cleaning it if they get muddy or dirty they may not work properly, maybe clean and check the harness, then go back in the tech2 clear the code, run a test and see if it stays gone or remains an active code, if it stay gone you are good just check it again later down the road
The little circle on the bumber surface or actually the sensor itself behind the bumper?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had the Tech2 out to pull DTCs to see if that HVAC actuator code came back and I got this one concerning the object detection modual.

I usually don't have any problems with it, but sometimes when on the highway and in the left lane and I go by some guardrail it will go on and not turn off for a while. I'll usually use the DIC and disable the Blindspot warning so it goes off, then re-enable it.

Think the sensor needs replacing? 89119bceb71bf0ac4d69c29d324c5d64.jpg

I would try cleaning it if they get muddy or dirty they may not work properly, maybe clean and check the harness, then go back in the tech2 clear the code, run a test and see if it stays gone or remains an active code, if it stay gone you are good just check it again later down the road

The little circle on the bumber surface or actually the sensor itself behind the bumper?

circles on the bumper are backup/ forward collision system and the blind spot is a separate module on side of the rear bumper. Are they connected somehow?
Tom you said if your in the left lane and pass a guardrail on the left the blind spot goes on and won’t go off but it says right module in the tech2 ?
Maybe I’m wrong tho since I don’t have the blind spot system

Reaction score
circles on the bumper are backup/ forward collision system and the blind spot is a separate module on side of the rear bumper. Are they connected somehow?
Tom you said if your in the left lane and pass a guardrail on the left the blind spot goes on and won’t go off but it says right module in the tech2 ?
Maybe I’m wrong tho since I don’t have the blind spot system
The first line on the DTC says Left Side Detection Modual, so figured it has 2 sensors, a left one and right one (not necessarily on vehicle's right)?

Dunno though, these blind spot and parking assist systems are new to me.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL this ALSO needs a write-up!

A buddy of mine promised to show me how to do it. He talked me into buying all the stuff; polisher, pads, compound, etc. Then he went and had heart surgery and couldn't help me. He's fine, BTW.

glad your buddy is doing fine.

Ughh buffing. I do that atleast once a day, if i could do good write ups i would do one haha.

what color truck do you have? That alone could make a big difference in the way its done.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres the stuff i use. Got different compounds from gritty to polish, one finisher just for dark vehicles that also has a wax in it. The buffing pads i use are medium (blue) and soft (black) the blue is for the times where you want to really do a deep buff on a scratch and for after wet sanding to get out all the small scratches you put in to remove the big one (kinda sounds dumb haha) the black pad is used to get that glossy shine and to get out minor scratches. Wool pads are not fun, they can leave swirl marks very easily so i tend not to bother with them. Lil buffer helps with the wet sanding and refinishing headlights. D27A2E28-83B2-4AE6-BF17-742AEF705095.jpegF9BD3F91-6DB7-4ECD-ABF8-4404508C65D4.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
glad your buddy is doing fine.

Ughh buffing. I do that atleast once a day, if i could do good write ups i would do one haha.

what color truck do you have? That alone could make a big difference in the way its done.
Wait...you buff your truck at least once a day? WTH?

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heres the stuff i use. Got different compounds from gritty to polish, one finisher just for dark vehicles that also has a wax in it. The buffing pads i use are medium (blue) and soft (black) the blue is for the times where you want to really do a deep buff on a scratch and for after wet sanding to get out all the small scratches you put in to remove the big one (kinda sounds dumb haha) the black pad is used to get that glossy shine and to get out minor scratches. Wool pads are not fun, they can leave swirl marks very easily so i tend not to bother with them. Lil buffer helps with the wet sanding and refinishing headlights. View attachment 252196View attachment 252197
Which Milwaukee grinder is that? I have M18 stuff. No grinder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia