What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airman68

Reaction score
Wasnt today but last weekend concluded a 2000 mile round trip adventure from the Midwest to the Gulf Coast and back. Tahoe did just lovely with the drive and 5 people in it. Still managed to keep the luggage low enough to see out of all the windows
Do you know what you averaged for mileage? I did the same trip last November, WI to AL on a stock 5.3 and was right at 16 mpg for the entire trip. First big trip in my rig and I loved it. We used to take our mini van which was fine but this is certainly the way to go.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I managed to squeeze 20mpg out of my Yukon going from So Cal to northern Wyoming.
I was happy with the mileage considering the 6.2 is thirsty.
I am lucky if I get 12 after a 1000 miles of highway lol. I just can't keep my foot out the pedal, I hate being behind other people so I am always moving up until there is no one in front of me. I especially hate clusterfucks of car's all grouped together all following the slow poke.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am lucky if I get 12 after a 1000 miles of highway lol. I just can't keep my foot out the pedal, I hate being behind other people so I am always moving up until there is no one in front of me. I especially hate clusterfucks of car's all grouped together all following the slow poke.

I’m so glad you posted this. I’ve been averaging 10.5-11.8 in my ‘13 ESV and I was starting to think maybe something was wrong….

Reading this confirms there isn’t it’s just my driving. I’ve also been running on E pretty consistently for 8+ months.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m so glad you posted this. I’ve been averaging 10.5-11.8 in my ‘13 ESV and I was starting to think maybe something was wrong….

Reading this confirms there isn’t it’s just my driving. I’ve also been running on E pretty consistently for 8+ months.
around town i get like 9.5-10, I only get 12 after a very long trip, if it gets more than that then the wife was driving it.......
how people get 20 is beyond me, the pickup does better the record is 36 on it but it's more like 11 around town or less

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
around town i get like 9.5-10, I only get 12 after a very long trip, if it gets more than that then the wife was driving it.......
how people get 20 is beyond me, the pickup does better the record is 36 on it but it's more like 11 around town or less

how they get 20 is very impressive. the hybrid don't get much over 25 and that's trying not to he to aggressive.. I think I got 27 at the best cruising along at 70 on flat i10 before tuning the v4 mode off. which is good for a big flying brick but 20 I'm guessing you're just naturally good at hypermiling of something. I'd probably get 15-16 lol.

I guess 93 helps some but my c6 only gets 25 and that's a 6.2 with a decent overdrive, light weight and good aero.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that 20 is wishful thinking for the most part. I’ve seen 15 on the highway, but usually it’s 13.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put a new conventional battery in the ‘07. Had some points to use so I bought a Duralast Gold from AutoZone. Some of you may recall that I’ve been having trouble with the climate control resetting at night and low battery voltage on the AGM battery has been the culprit. Installed the new battery and the engine turns over noticeably faster. We’ll see how it is in the morning, but the old AGM was only 4 years old.

Grady_Wilson

Reaction score
I think that 20 is wishful thinking for the most part. I’ve seen 15 on the highway, but usually it’s 13.

I was traveling with another vehicle so I stayed around 70 - 75mph.
I topped off with E-85 a couple of times but it was mostly regular 87.

Go anywhere around 80mph and this drops quickly.
I did not manually calculate the MPG and was going by the DIC readings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar