What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my other cars with auto I may adjust 2 or 3 degrees up or down depending on summer and winner. but this yukon? can't do it. the auto programing is just awful for me. when I got the truck the buttons looked brand new. not a week later completely worn off. it's just never the right temp. or blowing super loud for nothing.

maybe it's my truck? the Temps from side to side basically do nothing either. you can have a 10deg difference in temp and not tell a single difference. plus I gotta hit recirculate ever time. if I forget, not 5 mins into a drive I got some no cat having Ford work truck stinking me out and then it takes forever to get the air out.

these are all things I have zero problems with in any other vehicle I drive. even older or newer gm auto systems.

could also be we get big temp swings here, it can be 50 on the way to work and 115 with a inside temp of 160 on the way home. but still, my other cars handle it just fine.
Yeah, makes me wonder if one of your sensors is off, or maybe there's something weird about the climate control system in the hybrids.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No clue. But it looks like it was run over by a thousand other cars before I hit it just right.

I had a compressor with me but the tire was losing air so fast it was useless. In our LR2, I have one of these, which would've worked to seal and then inflate the tire: https://a.co/d/eMbJyC0

mine came factory with something just like that. little compressor with 2 hoses, one puts sealer in it and the other side airs it up. I've never used it, but it's still in there.

wouldn't supised me if the sealer is junk by now thou haha. I'm going to keep one of the best tires and either go hit up a junk yard for a spare, or if I get lazy just hit by now. it does come with all the stuff, like different exhaust resonator and heat shields. but blah, full size trucks and suvs really should come with a full size spare.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, makes me wonder if one of your sensors is off, or maybe there's something weird about the climate control system in the hybrids.

could be.. it doesn't give me any hvac codes..but I have notched one of the blend doors getting noisey. but I have wondered if there's more air flowing into the cabin than normal, since the air cooled battery is under the seat, with an exit to outside behind it. there's some old threads about how to cool your battery down faster but taking off recirculate put full cold to the floor and let it suck in cool air. but I've got lithium batteries they don't run hot like the oem ones did. driving this truck without recirculate on reminds me of the motorcycle days, can literally smell everything outside. get behind a old Ford lawn service truck and you'll be light headed in no time.

I did realize the rear temp will match the front if you turn rear off and on thou, but normally it's the kid in a car seat asking for more or less air blowing down on him. so I gotta find the fan speed button from the front seat.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine threw the P0340 code today. whole thing was weird. drove it back to my office from a site visit, ran inside, dropped off some stuff, came back out maybe 5-10 minutes later, started it up, seemed fine, and CEL. Got the code reader and P0340, camshaft position circuit...ok. cleared code and its been gone since then. truck starts, idles and runs fine. Im going to mess with the wiring tomorrow, some brief looks it seem part of the harness that goes to the sensor MAY have been sitting funny on part of the sterring rack bushings, and maybe rubbed it some, but this seems like a one off code and I shouldnt be super worried about it.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a rattle in the rear end that is driving me FKN NUTZ!!!!!!!!!

Only on washboard surfaces like rough concrete pads. Sounds like the right rear. I found a nut missing off a rear sway bar link, swore that was it. Replaced it, still there. No play in the links at all. No play in shock mounts or hardware. Spare tire heat shield is intact, properly mounted and secure.

Replaced worn exhaust hanger bushing, still there. I got pissed off and removed the spare and winch over the weekend. I was under there pounding on the frame/exhaust to try and duplicate the noise. The vapor solenoid on the rear crossmember above the spare has a little bit of looseness but I don't think that is it. I am getting some rattling from the rear bumper cover against the steel under bumper/hitch. And driving without the spare the rattle is still there.

My right tail light housing had a rattle due to worn out rubber grommets. I used a few dabs of silicone adhesive on the ports to tighten that up. Rattle is still there.

I am thinking of injecting some silicone adhesive between the bumper step and frame to create a cushion and see if that clears it up. Grrrr.....
Have you replaced the sway bar links in the back?

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my other cars with auto I may adjust 2 or 3 degrees up or down depending on summer and winner. but this yukon? can't do it. the auto programing is just awful for me. when I got the truck the buttons looked brand new. not a week later completely worn off. it's just never the right temp. or blowing super loud for nothing.

maybe it's my truck? the Temps from side to side basically do nothing either. you can have a 10deg difference in temp and not tell a single difference. plus I gotta hit recirculate ever time. if I forget, not 5 mins into a drive I got some no cat having Ford work truck stinking me out and then it takes forever to get the air out.

these are all things I have zero problems with in any other vehicle I drive. even older or newer gm auto systems.

could also be we get big temp swings here, it can be 50 on the way to work and 115 with a inside temp of 160 on the way home. but still, my other cars handle it just fine.
I bet one of your temp sensors is going bad. I had issues with mine and replaced the sensor in the headliner. Back to normal now

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet one of your temp sensors is going bad. I had issues with mine and replaced the sensor in the headliner. Back to normal now

next time I have the tech 2 out I'll see if I can pull up temp sensors. I don't know that it displays them all. I know there's a few around the truck.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I just took a look at the diagrams, yeah it's basically a completely different hvac unit in the hybrids. there's it's own 4 pages of diagrams just for it. looks like it might have one more temp sensor and a few more control outputs for extra electric water pumps, 3 speed cooling fans and the electric ac compressor gets a pwm speed control for the compressor rpm. plus a few more odds and ends.

I'll park it in the shade one day with the windows down and let all the Temps equalize. see if I can find one that's off compared to the rest. wouldn't surprise me, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they just did a bad job program it haha. to focused on run time in auto stop vs idling. I have in the past noticed the ac rpm is much lower when stopped than it is when rolling which I thought was weird at the time, I thought maybe trying to mimic a engine driven compressor but other electric compressors I've since looked at data from don't do that.. they adjust speed by pressures needed.

maybe another side effect of gm basically putting a 90s technology nickel metal hydride prius battery in a full size suv and then struggling to make it last 8 years. still feel that was down fall of this truck. if they would have used better in house battery development going on at the same thing frame, these would sill be a thing and getting 30mpg around town.

/rant

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts