What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just uploaded the video of my recent trip to the Oceano Dunes on my YouTube channel and wanted to share it with y'all. Hope you enjoy!

Super impressive - especially for 2WD. Several years ago when I had my '07 LR3, we had a blast on the dunes in Moab. This is a shot I took of one of the other rigs on the trip, but I had just done the same thing with mine a few minutes before. Sand makes for such a great playground!

1701967583814.png

Project Workshop

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super impressive - especially for 2WD. Several years ago when I had my '07 LR3, we had a blast on the dunes in Moab. This is a shot I took of one of the other rigs on the trip, but I had just done the same thing with mine a few minutes before. Sand makes for such a great playground!

View attachment 415872
Thank you!

That is awesome, I definitely want to plan a trip to Moab.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

That is awesome, I definitely want to plan a trip to Moab.
One thing that's been rolling around in my mind about driving in sand is the potential for accelerated wear on some components, like wheel bearings. Over the past 3 years I've been taking both of our Yukons to the outer banks and driving on the beach a bunch. And in just the last year I've had to replace two front wheel bearing assemblies. Makes me wonder if there is a connection. I've only had to replace a wheel bearing on one other vehicle out of more than a dozen I've owned and hundreds of thousands of miles. And that one was because I bought a barn find that had been sitting for 10 years.

Down8

Reaction score
I just uploaded the video of my recent trip to the Oceano Dunes on my YouTube channel and wanted to share it with y'all. Hope you enjoy!

Very nice - I love Pismo.

Was your footage using a "follow me" option on a drone, or was someone flying it? These kinds of videos are always cool. I was looking, years ago, for something to do that for the rallies I had been doing in my Vette.

-bZj

Project Workshop

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice - I love Pismo.

Was your footage using a "follow me" option on a drone, or was someone flying it? These kinds of videos are always cool. I was looking, years ago, for something to do that for the rallies I had been doing in my Vette.

-bZj
Thanks!

Yes, we filmed the majority of the drone shots using our the DJI Mini Pro 4 Active Track mode. My wife controlled the drone while I drove.

Active Track keeps the truck centered in the shot, but gives you full control of the distance and angle using the sticks. I highly recommend the Mini Pro 4, really happy with what we have been able to do with it. I’m sure you could get some great shots of your Vette!

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixing the headlights on my old hyhoe that my sister in law bought. This 2008 is still kicking at 310000km but barely. Shop said hybrid system is toast but somehow still runs lol

View attachment 415999

looks nice..

Get the torque app and test the hybrid battery yourself. most shops have no hands on experience with these trucks and tell owners all kinds of stuff. the battery is the only true wear item of the hybrid system. so saying the hybrid system is toast means they don't understand how anything works.

but honestly the battery is probably showing it's age, heck it's probably had some battery work to make it this far. the thing about the battery is technically as long as it's strong enough to crank the engine over, it will run. but it's very ******* the whole driveline when they start surging and bucking coming in and out of auto stop. at some point they get so bad the poor thing starts revving the engine trying to keep itself running and if you're driving people say it's had to stop them, they wanna push thru the brakes. I haven't felt that, but mine did set a battery code about 140k and the battery cells were pretty bad. not enough to leave you stranded but enough it needed replaced. I went the more untested lithium upgrade route.

there's a bunch of different options to rebuild, referb it or replace. all much cheaper than rebuilding the standard 6 speed tranny the non hybrid has which eat themselves in stock form oddly at the about same rate. so it's a wash.

if starts doing funny stuff you drive it in M4 mode, it won't go into auto stop mode, which helps when the battery is weak. Just hurts fuel mileage and has a little less overdrive ratio on the interstate. Just take care of that tranny. they are getting hard to find used, almost no shop knows how to rebuild them, even thou parts are listed.

Reaction score
Neither am I. lol

My Tahoe Twin buddy gets these stickers from someone. They're just really good knock-offs. My Tahoe would pass inspection with flying colors if it weren't for the tint. I had an inspection station that ignored the tint but he got busted a few years ago for doing that. So, I've been rocking these stickers since. Driving only 6-7K a year, I'll take my chances. In contrast, my work van, that's on the road 60K a year, has the sticker it left the dealership with in 2020, which expired in November of 21. Around here, cops aren't gonna risk getting shot over an expired MVI sticker.
How often do you have to renew the plates/registration?

Here is every 2 years, and you have to have a recent (within 30 days) inspection in the system if renewing online or paper if in person. Also have to have the past 2 years of personal property taxes paid which they look up in their system.