What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Thats what i am looking for. I have found others, but the plug was in the rear section of the pan and would be right where the exhaust crosses over.

This one can easily be drained. Thank you.
this is what I put on mine

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What sort of frequeny (time/miles?) do you swap out the ATF fluid?
I flush mine annually just for good measure.
we were just out shopping for a k2 for the wife, checking the fluid on used vehicles, yep most of them looked brown. only found 2 that were pink color and bought one of them

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What sort of frequeny (time/miles?) do you swap out the ATF fluid?
Whenever you just want to feel good about it. Lol It’s cheap enough so maybe annually or after towing heavy. I did 18 quarts over a couple weeks. Nice and red. I’ll probably swap another 6 in a few weeks. I’ve been running back and forth to Salt Lake lately about 460 miles each way. Ive been pretty rough on it. Manual shifting through the mountains.

Last edited:

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever you just want to feel good about it. Lol It’s cheap enough so maybe annually or after towing heavy. I did 18 quarts over a couple weeks. Nice and red. I’ll probably swap another 6 in a few weeks. I’ve been running back and forth to Salt Lake lately about 460 miles each way. Ive been pretty rough on it. Manual shifting through the mountains.

I've been trying to get a holistic answer on the differences between letting the brain-box shift vs. manual shifting (I'm a three-pedal kind of guy) and no one really has any details on what the big differences are. Is it that much more taxing on the transmission to thumb your own gear ratios?

But, more importantly, is there a way to speed up the manual shifts? Downshifts seem to happen when you hit the button, but upshifts take forever to respond.

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to get a holistic answer on the differences between letting the brain-box shift vs. manual shifting (I'm a three-pedal kind of guy) and no one really has any details on what the big differences are. Is it that much more taxing on the transmission to thumb your own gear ratios?

But, more importantly, is there a way to speed up the manual shifts? Downshifts seem to happen when you hit the button, but upshifts take forever to respond.
For me, it’s slowing down from 80 down several twisty 7% grades. Lol. The grade braking does a great job and the shifts are quick and crisp. I don’t notice a difference from upshift and down. The 6.2 is a beast and pulls hard up hill. I don’t see any advantage to manual shifting in normal highway, or in town driving.

On a side note, I hand calculated 18.54 mpg on this trip up here on 91 octane and 15.7 last trip on E85. I’m running 91 at the moment because it’s tough to find E85 on a whim while on the road. The E85 did a fantastic job cleaning this thing out. It runs sooooo much better after 3 trips up here since about 6 tanks of E85 and while I’ve been running it at full throttle to redline a whole lot in the mountains.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I meant a skid plate to cover the ATF pan, but I do like that. I might buy it and throw it in the corner until the next time I swap out fluid and filter. But then there's the whole can of worms of being able to check/replace the filter, and you have to drop the pan anyway.
One reason I installed a remote spin-on filter the last time I removed the pan and cleaned it out and replaced the internal filter. I change the remote filter annually and let's me go longer before replacing the internal filter

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One reason I installed a remote spin-on filter the last time I removed the pan and cleaned it out and replaced the internal filter. I change the remote filter annually and let's me go longer before replacing the internal filter

I've seen this before. Do you have some photos or a parts list of what you used.

I like the idea of being able to easily/quickly swap out an external filter to gauge the quality of the ATF fluid.

Did you just splice one of these kits into the flexible hose for the external ATF cooler? I assume the AT pump would be strong enough to pump the fluid up to higher location in the engine bay, like the empty 2nd battery tray area?

or

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If anything, I would think it's easier on the trans to manually shift, because you're going to hold whatever gear you want for however long you want rather than it shifting back and forth and hunting and locking/unlocking the converter constantly.

Only downside is, definitely get worse MPGs because you will likely be running higher RPM for the majority of the time compared to letting it do its own things.

Have been manually shifting mine nearly daily, and could probably count on my hands and toes the amount of times I drove it and didn't floor it at some point over the last 80,000 miles (I'm @ 180k) and it doesn't seem to care, but I also did a bit of a trans tune on mine so that could play a big part of it.

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned my throttle body. TB itself wasn't bad but the plastic entry behind it was quite dirty. Used the clone Tech2 to relearn idle. Engine seems to run smoothly. no misfires.

Was getting a P0113 + CEL for IAT low / high voltage prior to cleaning the throttle body. That P0113 appeared ever since I put on a new junction box. Tried cleaning the MAF with MAF cleaner and still could not clear the code. I found some videos on how to test the MAF and will be doing that soon.

IMG_20230830_123633500_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230830_123246165_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230830_120650150_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160